Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

***Questions thread***

Hello! First of all, my name is jessica, and thank you for taking the time out and reading my post. I haven't been banded yet, but hopefully next year of 08, I will become a fellow banderster!Well, I've been lurking around the board for a couple of weeks and finally have gotten the nerve to ask some questions...I have a few questions, that I don't think have been answered on here before:1) the scar from the surgery, is it permanent? Or after a few years does it go away? Or will it always be there, just not as noticable as before??2)after loosing so much weight in short period of time, does your skin tend to sag? Or is the excesses skin where its noticeable?And my last question3)I'm pretty sure all of have these... well, do the stretch marks ever go away? Or will they always be visiable?I heard that the stretch marks never go away, but you put cocoa butter lotion on them, or get a perscription by a doctor to make them less noticeable??Well thanks soo much! That's were all my questions FOR now lolThanks again everyone!And anyone else who has questions, post them here!

Hi!!

The scars are permanent. Some people will be lucky enough to have theirs fade mostly away to a faint white line. Mine are still red after 2 1/2 months. A plastic surgeon said that stretch marks are basically scars so they won't go away either. Again, the hope is to fade them whether with lotions or time.

I'm already sagging a bit and I have another 60 pounds to lose. I am hoping for plastic surgery to take care of the tummy, and a breast lift to take care of the gravity issues :0)

I wish you luck on getting banded! I love my band and only wish I could have had it years ago :0)

You have age on your side so most likely you will have little to no sagging skin. Lets hope. I am 23yrs. old and I am praying I won't have to have plastic surgery for excess skin. I heard the cocoa butter is great for scars and stretch marks.< /p>

Hello! First of all, my name is jessica, and thank you for taking the time out and reading my post. I haven't been banded yet, but hopefully next year of 08, I will become a fellow banderster!Well, I've been lurking around the board for a couple of weeks and finally have gotten the nerve to ask some questions...I have a few questions, that I don't think have been answered on here before:1) the scar from the surgery, is it permanent? Or after a few years does it go away? Or will it always be there, just not as noticable as before??2)after loosing so much weight in short period of time, does your skin tend to sag? Or is the excesses skin where its noticeable?And my last question3)I'm pretty sure all of have these... well, do the stretch marks ever go away? Or will they always be visiable?I heard that the stretch marks never go away, but you put cocoa butter lotion on them, or get a perscription by a doctor to make them less noticeable??Well thanks soo much! That's were all my questions FOR now lolThanks again everyone!And anyone else who has questions, post them here!

1) the scar from the surgery, is it permanent? Yes Or after a few years does it go away? Or will it always be there, just not as noticable as before?? It depends on your unique body.

2)after loosing so much weight in short period of time, does your skin tend to sag? It depends on your unique body. Or is the excesses skin where its noticeable? It depends on your unique body. Everybody is different.

3)I'm pretty sure all of have these... well, do the stretch marks ever go away? Nope. Well, not in MY experience. You may be different.

The surgical scars are not nearly as noticable as stretch marks.< /p>

You might have sagging skin, you have excess skin now, it's just full. When you lose weight it will likely sag depending on how long you have been obese and how obese you are.

BTW, the surgical scars are tiny. For me... four of them are about 1/3" and one is about 1". MUCH MUCH MUCH less than stretch marks. Honestly, those scars are the least of the problems regarding body image.

What is your BMI?

Wow, thank you all for answering my questions and responding back soo quickly!

I've come to realize, by reading other posts and topics, that this lapband community is very supportive and postive!

And your all so honest, I greatly appricate that :)

Well, I just thought of another question:

After your weightloos, does your shoe size happen to go down??

I know for a fact I have a very wide foot, I can fit a 8 or 9 wide, but if the doesn't come in wide I have 2 get a size 10!

Anyone else have this problem??

Wow, thank you all for answering my questions and responding back soo quickly!

I've come to realize, by reading other posts and topics, that this lapband community is very supportive and postive!

And your all so honest, I greatly appricate that :)

Well, I just thought of another question:

After your weightloos, does your shoe size happen to go down??

I know for a fact I have a very wide foot, I can fit a 8 or 9 wide, but if the doesn't come in wide I have 2 get a size 10!

Anyone else have this problem??

I have enormous feet. I keep HOPING they will shrink, but no luck so far.

I HAVE heard of people losing sizes in their feet, but it has not happened to me.