Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Healthy Choice Tv dinners

Some are, some aren't. Be careful, some are absolutely carb- laden.

They do have high-Protein, low carb choices. Lean cuisine is also a good choice. Their Sweet Sriracha Beef is only 170 calories and something like 15 grams of Protein.

Go to their websites and look up the nutritional information.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

They have enough food in them for two or three meals. Few have enough Protein and they are loaded with salt and preservatives.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/15-healthiest-frozen-dinners

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/best-frozen-dinners#1

Consider buying frozen veggie blends and cooking up a bag, even with added salt and butter you'd be ahead calorie and nutrition wises.

It's probably time to start working on your food choices anyway.

They have enough food in them for two or three meals. Few have enough Protein and they are loaded with salt and preservatives.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/15-healthiest-frozen-dinners

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/best-frozen-dinners#1

Consider buying frozen veggie blends and cooking up a bag, even with added salt and butter you'd be ahead calorie and nutrition wises.

It's probably time to start working on your food choices anyway.

Yes because I'm such a picky eater I find myself only eating veggies when I eat the healthy choice tv dinners... what are some of the things you eat if you don't mind me asking?

The point I was trying to make was that for about half the cost you could grill a chicken breast and microwave a bag birds eye "steamer" veggies and get three meals with twice the Protein and half the salt of a "healthy" frozen dinner.

We eat organic unprocessed food. We raise our own chickens and beef and grow about 75 % of our fruits and vegetables. I love chocolate and coffee. Oh and I grind all our flour for Pasta and bread.

Right now I am eating 80 gr of Protein, mostly fish and chicken, since I am just 5 weeks post op. Plus 20 grams of carbs, mostly juiced fruit and vegetables that I make my Protein shakes with.

Today I had:

4oz of protein fortified cottage cheese (12 gr protein)

Nuts with chicken cheese cubes

(27 gr protein)

2 protein shakes: 1scoop unflavored Protein powder, 1 cup ice 4 oz of apple/pear/kiwi/kale juice and a dash of stevia

21 gr protein and 8 gr carbs each

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The point I was trying to make was that for about half the cost you could grill a chicken breast and microwave a bag birds eye "steamer" veggies and get three meals with twice the Protein and half the salt of a "healthy" frozen dinner.

We eat organic unprocessed food. We raise our own chickens and beef and grow about 75 % of our fruits and vegetables. I love chocolate and coffee. Oh and I grind all our flour for Pasta and bread.

Right now I am eating 80 gr of Protein, mostly fish and chicken, since I am just 5 weeks post op. Plus 20 grams of carbs, mostly juiced fruit and vegetables that I make my protein shakes with.

Today I had:

4oz of protein fortified cottage cheese (12 gr protein)

Nuts with chicken cheese cubes

(27 gr protein)

2 protein shakes: 1scoop unflavored Protein Powder, 1 cup ice 4 oz of apple/pear/kiwi/kale juice and a dash of stevia

21 gr protein and 8 gr carbs each

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That makes a lot of sense I really truly appreciate it because I do struggle with what foods to eat I dislike going to the grocery store because what I think maybe good turns out to not be... I thought I had a support system but he's NOT EVER AROUND nor do he call or text so I'm by myself (sorry for changing the subject) I just need help and don't know where and whom to turn to

My husband has been a raving lunatic and pretty much useless since I had my surgery. I think he is having a hard time wrapping his brain around it.

There are lots of people here who will help you. Use the search feature for threads about needing or getting support. Also make friends with people here you age? Or maybe close starting weight or surgery date?

He is very emotionally supportive but not very helpful, though he does shop and cook for himself and our teen aged son. I only shop for myself. Makes it easier.

I buy about the same thing every week:

Large tub of of 2% milk cottage cheese

Large tub of Greek yogurt

2 cans of albacore tuna in oil

2 1/2 gallon containers of unsweetened cashier milk

extra fruit as needed (we have kale in out garden year round and store apples, pears and kiwi from are garden)

I also use:

1 medium sized yam

About a pound of assorted fruit Cucumber, carrots and 1/2 pound of kale for juicing

1/2 of a chicken ( I pouch it in chicken broth because it needs to be moist so it doesn't get stuck

1 tub of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein (I buy it on the internet)

To prep meals:

I divide the chicken into 6 portions (our chickens are small)

1dump a cup of yogurt into the bullet (you can use a blender) and add a scoop of Protein powder, some Stevie and vanilla blend it then fold it back into the rest of the younger in the tub. I usually have 4 oz so that's 8 servings.

I mix 2 scoops of just protein powder into the cottage cheese same way. I like it lumpy but if you like it smooth you can blend the whole tub.

I make tuna salad no celery because it does go down well. But I do use pickles and onions and some mayo. 2 cans make 4 serving

If you don't have a juicer, I do realize that most people don't you can buy fresh pressed juice the small bottles will make 3 servings of Protein shake. Logos the "super foods" versions as they have vegetables mixed with the fruit so are lower in sugar and carbs

Sometimes I make the shakes with unsweetened cashew milk because it only has 25 calories (and very low carb or no carb) for 8 oz

I bake a yam and cook vegetables for three or four meals (about 11/2 cups. So for one meal a day I might have 1 oz of yam 1 oz of vegetables and 3 oz of meat. I do add a bit of butter to my veggies.

It's good to get some fat every day. I like 1/4 of an avocado.i add it to my shake or have it with my tuna salad.< /p>