Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 4 Post Op: Thanksgiving Food

Hello, I'm on week 4 Post Op pureed foods and I'm nervous about Thanksgiving dinner. I'm finding myself upset that I won't be able to enjoy the usual foods I eat on Thanksgiving. Thankfully, I don't have to host this year but my mother is cooking and I love her food. It's going to be a challenge since I'm not able to eat what everyone else will be eating. I'm going to at least get some turkey with gravy and bring mash potatoes I will make only for myself. I think it would be easier if I could do soft foods but that's not until week 5 post op.

Anyone have any other pureed food suggestions on what else I could eat for Thanksgiving dinner? Anyone else having to deal with the same challenge of eating pureed on Thanksgiving?

I couldn't have turkey or mashed potatos until the soft food stage. Take and enjoy a favorite cream Soup. It is just one meal on one day. You have a tiny bit of room. You could even have a Protein Shake right before you go to help with temptations.

I plan on pureeing 2 oz of turkey with chicken broth. I actually did it with chicken tonight and it was delicious. I tolerated it well and it was as smooth as yogurt. I won't do mashed potatoes because they are not on my plan. I may try and puree a little bit of green bean casserole since I can have the green Beans and cream Soup.

I plan on pureeing 2 oz of turkey with chicken broth. I actually did it with chicken tonight and it was delicious. I tolerated it well and it was as smooth as yogurt. I won't do mashed potatoes because they are not on my plan. I may try and puree a little bit of green bean casserole since I can have the green Beans and cream Soup.< /p>

That sounds really good! Happy Thanksgiving

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

Yeah, I'd think a slice of turkey pureed with some gravy would be good if you're looking to get the Thanksgiving feel. I had mashed potatoes on puree, so if your plan calls for that, they'd be a good couple bites. Enjoy your Holiday regardless - it's really about spending time with family and friends. ☺

@sunnydeeliteful Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy every morsel.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches