Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh boy...how long till it gets easier?

I'm starting my 2 week pre-op diet tomorrow. It consists of 2-3 Protein Shakes per day and 2 meat, veggie and fruit meals. Well, I'm trying to wean off the caffeine today and already I'm craving a big, fat Dr Pepper. My intention was to quit the sodas before the diet so I wouldn't have to do it all at once but that didn't happen. For those of you who were addicted to soda, how long did it take you to get over that? Was it really tough. In the past when I have quit them, it didn't ever seem that hard but I guess it was because at the time, I didn't HAVE to. This time it is not optional. :) But, I CAN DO THIS!!!

Hi Mandi,

I am not yet banded, but I stopped drinking Diet Pepsi about 2 weeks ago. I was very addicted to it but substituted it with Crystal light iced tea which I guess has some caffeine it it too. It must not have too much though because I was so sleepy :boredfor several days and was getting headaches :sicktoo. Well, I'm pretty much over the feeling of craving the Pepsi so thats one more thing I won't have to do as I get close to my band date (which I don't have a date yet).

You'll feel better soon.:)

Regards,

Alfie

I am one week post op and the pre-op det was miserable. However it was all worthwhile when I was at the Dr yesterday for my follow up and I am down 38 pounds since my preop diet started. Now I can't wait to get out of the liquid stage. 6 more days and then I can chew again. I am excited.

Mandi78,

It was hard for me to give up the Diet Dr Peppers. I quit a month prior to surgery and the craving is all gone. Replaced them with tons of Water and crystal light drinks. Good Luck to you....Dave

I am still a while off from surgery but I gave up soda's cold turkey about 2 months ago. The headaches lasted a long time and I refused to take Migraine medicine because they contain caffeen so I just "worked" thru the headaches. It does get easier. It is just hard for me sometimes when I go eat somewhere not to say large coke. I forget sometimes and have to catch myself. It is more of a habit then a craving for me any more.

You should wean off caffine slowly, so you won't get withdrawals & headaches.

It will get easier after you get your band. You will be too busy trying to get in the "must haves", to want the "must not haves".