Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dizziness and shoulder/neck pain

Hi all

I was sleeved on 14th October and things have been mostly ok.......... however

Over the last week i have started to develop some very dizzy spells whenever i stand up. Also after walking about 30 paces i find my shoulders an neck become very sore for some reason.

I am a little short on my fluids each day but not hugely so

I am type 2 diabetic

I am currently on soft food only

A things considered a little dizziness is expected due to the lower amount of calories/sugars being consumed but it's worsened over the last few days.

Anyone else experienced these symptoms and if so what did you do about it?

All ideas/advice greatly received

Many thanks

Sorry to hear you feel bad... it's best to check in with your team about this. Call first thing Monday and if you feel worse tomorrow a trip to the ER might put your mind at rest. It's no good second guessing, you need to see or speak to the professionals. Really hope you feel better soon !!

@@_Kate_

Thanks. It's on my list for monday

Just feels wrong

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. It was all linked to blood sugar problems. I have type 2 diabetes. A slight increase in meds has solved the problem.

Thank you for your concern

Martin

Sent from my E2303 using the BariatricPal App

Much better thank you. And the weight ismocing again as well :-)

I see you already got your answer, but I do have some similar symptoms with regard to an occasional lightheaded feeling when I stand up. Before surgery, my blood pressure was considered normal. Now, after surgery (I am just a few days ahead of you, Oct 11) my BP tends to run low.

I bought a machine for home and have been checking it daily. The lowest it has been has been 99/61. I have been putting more salt in my food and talking politics whenever possible. It seems to be helping.

Sounds very familiar. I need to get a BP monitor next. Thanks for the post LittleBill