Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soft food and satisfaction

I've been fighting the coughing croup the last three weeks. Haven't cared what I ate, zero exercise, and just plain crummy all around. So I went to the dr. today, got some meds and bloodwork done. I have to get back on my asthma inhaler regularly. I'd gained 3 pounds. I really can't believe it wasn't more! So what do I do? Buy a frozen blackberry cobbler, bake it, and eat some too easily. Yipes! Between the unfill and being sick, I've been a very, very bad bandster. And I still have to go w/o a fill until February! Hopefully, tonight I'll be able to get a real night's rest so I can think about eating and exercising properly! I hope Santa doesn't read this!

Me too. I've been blaming holidays and hormones, but it's my head. If I hadn't been exercising, I'm sure I would have gained a lot lately. I can give myself credit for tiny victories like taking three days instead of one to polish off a tin of Christmas Cookies my mother sent me (no, she's not a true saboteur, and I could have turned them down!), but I have been on a major chowfest lately. As long as I'm choosing to eat fattening stuff, I can deal with it... it's just when it starts to feel like the return of unconscious eating that I beat myself up. I'm still eating a lot less than last year, but it feels like a nasty old pattern is creeping back.

So many of us are going through a slump. Is it just the holidays? Any suggestions from those of you who've gone through December before?

Up 'yere in the North Woods, the days are short, and sunlight is a rare commodity, it's cold, and many days are grey. I go to work in the dark, and return home in the dark most days.

How about elsewhere? Needing comfort food (aka fattening) is a symptom of the winter blahs (aka S.A.D.), does everyone in the Northern Hemisphere get this way?

Also, "Here there be Dangers". Everybody and his brother are shoving goodies at you, and there's a snack tray in every breakroom, and home. It's so busy that the fast food lane looks appealing (even if the food doesn't), and it just takes less effort to let the nice person at the drive through window hand you a sack of carbs and fat.

But, wasn't our bingeing at this time of year much worse before the band? I know mine was. Yep the goodies find their way into you, but I used to eat a whole pie, wash it down with milk, and then grab some Cookies to fill up the corners. Now I must eat less. My heart goes out to those brothers and sisters who are still waiting, still striving for a band. This season must be hardest of all on them. Especially now that they see some help on the horizon, which just can't seem to get here fast enough.

Well, gotta go get ready for my very first fill which is today.

Good luck to all, and Happy Holidays. Try to love your way through them, not eat your way through!

Whip, your stats are amazing: -51 lbs, 30 of them in the last month!? Congratulations. Twonesia is right ahead. How are you fixed for winter clothes (that fit, that is)?

This may sound corny, but I remind myself of the backlash (for lack of better words) to the esophagus (sp), after I go to bed and lie down, I don't want to do damage.

Plus in the winter, I'm in bed early with my remote, although if it were summer, I'd be on the pier fishing at that hour. No wonder people get so depressed during the winter.

Zoe, those stats may not be accurate because they are the result of guessing between three different scales. My surgeon's, my doc's, and Patty's pain Doc in Cleveland just had to weigh me, he could'nt believe it! But it's in the neighborhood of fifty pounds lost. So, hey, I"ll take it.

Also, I weigh less by my home scale (don't worry folks, I weigh once a week) but at home I can get on the scale nekkid. Don't have to count the clothes.