Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Day Bak To Work After Being Banded

:help:MONDAY WILL BE MY FIRST DAY BACK TO WORK AND I NEED A LITLLE ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE lunch TIME! I DON'T USUALLY LEAVE WORK, BUT I DON'T WANT MY CO-WORKERS JUDGING WHAT ''LITTLE I EAT" WHEN PREPARING YOUR LUNCH FOR WORK DO YOU HAVE YOUR MEAL PREPARED IN A LITTLE BOWL OR DO YOU HAVE THE LITTLE 1OZ CONTAINERS THAT THE HOSPITAL GAVE YOU TO EAT FROM?? PLEASE HELP I NEED SOME IDEAS BEFORE MONDAY 9/17:help:

First off, I doubt people are noticing how much you eat, as much as you must think they will :)

If they ever ask (which would be very weird of them to do..), just say you're still full from breakfast.. or you're dieting.

It's not a big deal!

I bring my lunches in rubbermaid containers, those sandwhich 'box' things.. but it's filled with whatever leftovers I decided to bring.

Well That's Not The Problem , I Will Still Be In My Puree Stage And In The Past I Would Bring food To Work And We Would All See What Everyone Have For lunch. They All Know About My Surgery, I Just Don't Feel Like Hearing Negative Remarks. I Feel I Made The Right Decision And Don't Have To Explain Myself To Anyone.

Then don't :confused:

If they have the nerve to ask you about what you're eating, ask them why they feel it's any of their business!

If your close enough with them to share the kind of information about food and your surgery. Just bring what you will be eatting. If they ask what your eatting or IS THAT ALL?! Just tell them your still healing and this is what you can have. They may be interested in a positive way and may even be thinking about the surgery themselfs. Some times I think everyone is judging me on what I eat and how much I eat. when sometimes they are just curious about the awsome food I have and how it is made or where I got it. I have a co-worker who is diabetic. and eats pancakes every morning in the office. I know she shouldnt have them being diabetic. but it is not my place to say. and I will bring that up if she judges my food choices after the band.

Do they know you had the lapbaand done? If they do, let them know u are following your post op diet that was designed for you. If they don't know tell them whatever u want them to know and nothing more. All my co-workers knew I had the lapband and they are very supportive.

Just say," this is how I eat now." Then drop it.

Maybe you can do some "slim fast".

I get so tire of the stupid questions.

"How much weight have you lost" , is the worst. People who see me 3 times a week will ask every time. UGGGG!!!

:help:MONDAY WILL BE MY FIRST DAY BACK TO WORK AND I NEED A LITLLE ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE lunch TIME! I DON'T USUALLY LEAVE WORK, BUT I DON'T WANT MY CO-WORKERS JUDGING WHAT ''LITTLE I EAT" WHEN PREPARING YOUR LUNCH FOR WORK DO YOU HAVE YOUR MEAL PREPARED IN A LITTLE BOWL OR DO YOU HAVE THE LITTLE 1OZ CONTAINERS THAT THE HOSPITAL GAVE YOU TO EAT FROM?? PLEASE HELP I NEED SOME IDEAS BEFORE MONDAY 9/17:help:

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello,

I went back to work on the 13th, and all went well. Most of my co-worker with the exception of 3 people think I had gallbladder surgery removal. Since the diet after a gallbladder removal is similar, it is easier for me to pass off the liquid stages, etc.

For food, I took a Protein Shake, a small can of broth, and SF Jello both days.

I'm not looking forward to next week...we having two major food days/parties and I know I will not be able to join in on the activity, as I normally do, which will be a true test for me. However, I can begin my mushie stage next week.

I find I do better at home then at work. However, my co-workers who all think I had gall bladder removal keep me on track by asking what I'm eating so that I do not fall off the wagon. So hopefully next week I will continue to receive the same encouragement!

I hope all goes well for you next week!

P.S. I try to get up from my seat every other hour and go to another location and walk at least 5 minutes. This will help you if you have a job where you sit down all day. (I use to sit at my desk for hours straight).