Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Johnson & Johnson Bandsters

I have used the website "Realize my success". Its pretty neat. They even have a feature to link up with your dr's office so they can monitor you and catch you if you are "slipping" up. The website is ONLY available to people who have had their band placed in the US. I know this is an area of great frustration right now, but its just the way it is... for now. I have had one fill so far and was banded Jan7. My next fill is March 6. I have little or no restriction most days, but it does come and go for whatever reason.

I was told there would be no problem getting a fill. If there is anyone out there that gets there fills in Reno NV, please let me know if they will do the J&J bands. I can't get a live person to talk to. I talked to someone named billy once, who told me to fax the info to them and I could get an appiontment, well that was last week and I've left 5 messages. :mad:

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks, Dawn

I'm up to 6.5cc and not fully restricted yet. I'm hoping to get it at my next fill on 27 Feb.

Sorry to hear that you're having such a problem Dawn. I'm amazed how hard it is for some people to get their fills. I'm from Australia and I haven't had any problems yet... it's included in the original cost for the next 12 months. Good luck with your search.

Thanks for your reply. I got a call last week from a Dr. office. I have to locate what I did with my papers from my Doc and re-fax them. I hope this will take care of my frustrating search for a fill Dr.

Drop a line again and let me know how your doing:thumbup:

Thanks, Dawn

sorry forgot the s at the end of your name.

No problem Dawn... it's my user name and what some of my friends call me. Glad to hear that there's some movement with the dr's office. Let us know when you get your appointment. I'm really trying to control the food intake and my weight is moving downwards again. I plan to achieve great things in the current weight challenge.

I was banded in 2004 when the J&J band was known as the Swedish Band.

So far I've lost a little over 130 pounds so I have no complaints whatsoever

It might be difficult for people who have the J&J band to get filled properly in the U.S. because the U.S. surgeons are used to filling the Inamed band which holds a lot less saline. In speaking with several people with the J&J band, they go in for a fill and the doc will place 2 or 3 cc's for the first fill, this usually doesn't even come close to what someone needs for a first fill amount with the J&J band.

I think with time and with more experience that the docs get with the Realize Band the better the fills will become. Just my opinion....

Sades,

I'm still waiting for my appointment, I hope to get in before the week is up. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad you are headed in the right direction. I'm so behind on my goals for 2 months. I'll be joining a gym soon. I'm sure that will help me. What is your routine like everyday? What do you eat and what kind of exercise do you do?

I eat mostly chicken and veggies, walk every day. I need to make a few changes still, the fill will help get me going I'm sure.

Have a great day!!!

Thanks, Dawn

Tricia,

Thank you for your reply. How long did it take you to loose your weight? Have you completely made your goal weight? As I posted earlier I'm way of my goal so far. I want to get on track this month before it gets too hot here. I get very fatigued when it's hot. If you have any advice i;m open to learn anything that will help me.

Thank you, Dawn

Hey Dawn... my daily intake isn't always the best which is why my weight has stalled for so long. I'm usually pretty good through the day, Cereal for Breakfast, skim latte, cruskits with either tuna or baked Beans for lunch with an apple. For dinner I've been having salad with feta cheese for the last few days. I still snack too much at night... jelly & custard, fruit, mini yoghurt stick (low fat). I walk every day with the exception of a few and I'm doing aqua aerobics once a week. I'm hoping another month of this should have me down 10 lbs... only time will tell. :biggrin2: You sound like you're doing the right thing with your intake and exercise. It's definitely a journey.

Realize here too...

No problems at all. I like that the port is low profile and the way it's anchored. My DH has the LapBand (Allergan), he's doing great too. We have a friend who has a LapBand and her port flipped before her first fill. Will require and additional surgery. I know it's rare and probably could happen with either one, but that's the choice I made. I would be fine with either one, but I do like that my port isn't as noticable as DH's.

Hi Sades,

I know it's hard for me at night also. I was reading through the messages where people are only getting 1 cc's for there fills and it taking a year to reach restriction. I still don't have an appointment for my first fill. It sounds to me like the Dr's are more interested in getting more money then helping the weight loss process. Again I ask is there anyone out there who got thier LB in another country, who has a good fill station near Reno NV???? Sorry Sades I'm very frustrated. :{ Let me know if you here any reply's please. I'm not on enough message boards I guess. Anyway keep up the good work and have a great weekend!

Your friend in NV,

Dawn

Hi Dawn, it's hard when you don't have support around you. I'm from Australia so I can't help you as far as fills are concerned but happy to chat. Hope you find someone on here who can help find a fill doc for you. Take care and try not to be too hard on yourself.

Tricia,

Thank you for your reply. How long did it take you to loose your weight? Have you completely made your goal weight? As I posted earlier I'm way of my goal so far. I want to get on track this month before it gets too hot here. I get very fatigued when it's hot. If you have any advice i;m open to learn anything that will help me.

Thank you, Dawn

Hello Dawn!

It took me almost a year and a half to lose the weight. I've been at goal for over a year and a half now and haven't had a fill in almost 2 years. I wore a size 24 and now wear a size 8. I can't tell you how much happier and healthier I am now :-)

As far as advice, sometimes it just takes small modifications to your daily routine. For instance, drink a lot of Water, but when you start to eat, don't drink anything. Wait at least an hour after you eat before you start drinking again.

If you don't feel adequate restriction, then get a fill. Getting proper restriction is key to your success with the Lapband. It can get frustrating getting to a proper fill level because most likely it will take a few attempts, but don't give up and be aggressive about it.

Obviously, try to watch what you're eating to see if you can make some modifications that will help like starting with foods that are high in Protein. If you start with high Protein foods, then it will fill you up faster, you won't be hungry as often and you will build muscle instead of gaining fat weight.

Hang in there! I think with a few minor changes, you will get back on track!

Tricia_Before-After.jpg

Tricia,

Wow! You look great!!! Thanks for the help. Did you have to have surgery to get rid of loose skin? I'm know I will. I'm still having trouble finding someone to do my fill. nearest I've found is LA, Ca That's almost 400 miles from me. Cost is $365 I can't afford fills every 6 weeks.

Thanks for getting back with me.

Dawn