Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having trouble with calcium suppliments?

I am taking chewable calcium citrate, the B.A. big cherry ones. The taste is getting more bearable, so that is not the issue, but I am beginning to have really bad nausea when I take them. Like upchucking bad. I feel discomfort and often pain soon after swallowing it, then my saliva glands go nuts and I am spitting like crazy trying to avoid throwing up, but I often do. I have not had this problem before. Today I tried a 265 mg tablet, generic, got it down then the same thing happened. Ten minutes of torture. Anyone else with this problem, and what have you done about it?

My surgery was almost two months ago. I have had minor discomfort with the Calcium all along, but it has been getting much worse since a week or so ago.

Thanks in advance.

Do you let them desolve or do you chew them? They are hard and dry and bumpy going downso it's best to let them desolve. It takes me 10 minutes to eat one. They should also not be taken all at the same time. You can only absorbed about 500mg of Calcium at a time.

Hope this helps.

Try the Celebrate calcium chews. They have lots of flavors. I'm currently taking strawberry and it tastes like a star burst! I have a hard time with my chewable Multivitamin, they make me sick but the Calcium is wonderful, goes down good. Almost like a little sweet treat!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Im taking the 500mg calcium citrate (strawberry) and that combined with my new chewable multi Vitamin cause a really bad reaction for me. I am having to take my mulit in the morning and my Calcium in the evening from now on.

I'm doing ok with my Calcium (tablets) but all of a sudden my Multivitamins (celebrate) are making me sick. At first it was just nausea, but now I'm throwing them up. :( I don't understand why they were fine and now they aren't.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches