Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Little Scared

getting banded 9-11-07 by dr. spivak in houston. how much pain is expected after the surgery?i know it is going to be a big change in eating habits, any other advise that can be passed my way.

I was banded on wednesday September 5th, I'm very sore where the port area is and I can't bend over yet. But I feel really good and I'm down 10lbs since the 2nd. The first 3 days are alot of sleeping and alot of pain. just take your medicine and you'll do good.

Hello Jimmie--Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I got my band on August 27th. I ended up staying in the hospital for several days due to

complicatins from hernia repair. So, for those days, I was given heavy drugs. But since I have been home, no pain. Tonight for some reason I am having a little of an upset tummy. Do not know why because I am on liquids.

But, good luck on your lap band. Keep us posted.

Jimmie, There isnt much pain. More of a discomfort than anything. I got banded 8/30 and other than bending over a lot, I cant feel the band or port at all. You most likely will be doing the liquid diet for 2 weeks. That has been the only touh part , but its almost over. Congrats and keep us posted....Dave

Mine is tomorrow too - 9-11-07 - a nervous wreck - I'm off to have a manicure and visit my little grandbabies. I'm doing this for them. I want to see their weddings! My grandmother was very heavy and died when I was a teenager. I keep thinking of all the fun I missed with her. I intend to be around to enjoy my grandbabies for many years. We need to keep our focus on the future. God bless us both tomorrow.

I just got my surgery date which is Oct 2nd and now that I know it is going to happen soon, I am feeling very scared. I know that it is going to be a lifestyle change of eating habits but I think I can deal with that part. I was also wondering how much pain or discomfort there is after surgery. Another one of my fears is having to drink carnation instant Breakfast. I do not like that. Does anyone have any suggestions to replace that?

Thank you and good luck to everyone

I just got my surgery date which is Oct 2nd and now that I know it is going to happen soon, I am feeling very scared. I know that it is going to be a lifestyle change of eating habits but I think I can deal with that part. I was also wondering how much pain or discomfort there is after surgery. Another one of my fears is having to drink carnation instant Breakfast. I do not like that. Does anyone have any suggestions to replace that?

Thank you and good luck to everyone

Pain is minimal. I and almost everyone else were walking around within hours of aving the surgery. I stopped the pain meds 2 days after getting home and have very little discomfort.

As far as Carnation breakfast goes, I am using whey Protein powder, from Walmart, and mixing it with 6oz skim milk for breakfast. It gives you more than half of the required Protein for the whole day and comes in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.

Just wait. You will be real surprised at how quick this stuff fills you up....Dave