Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little help from an experienced cook please?

I am little cooking handicapped and I would love if any of you lovely LBT ladies or guys perhaps could give me a good fail-safe recipe for egg salad, tuna salad, and chicken salad.

I am not a big fan of all three but I am thinking of it as high Protein fuel for my body. I like, eggs and chicken, tuna will need some work.

If anyone could help me that would be great. (hehe I don't like moms versions) I don't need it yet as I dont start soft foods until 9/20. I just want to be prepared. Thanks

You should go to the food network. I like getting my high protien from shakes and high protien meal bars. I try not to eat Mayonnaise because of the high calories. I would rather eat the eggs, chicken and tuna by themselves with some veggies then add extra calories with mayo and I have not seen a good recipe for egg/chicken/tuna salad that does not contain the mayo. Besides my doc said no bread, so I don't eat bread. But I know that Rachel Ray on the food network has a few. Sorry Im not much help.

Personally I don't mind the fat from mayo because I eat so little it's not much of an issue. In my case I realized I wasn't getting enough fat.

I'm a HORRIBLE cook but I do know how to make tuna salad. :eek:

Can of tuna

Enough mayo so it slides down

Add one or more of the following as it suits you:

Hard boiled egg

Cilantro

Apple chopped fine

Relish

Top with Italian cheese blend

Chopped Tomato

Chopped celery (verrry small pieces so it isn't stringy)

Onion

A friend loves chopped pineapple in his tuna

Grow your own Cilantro sprouts and add about 5 of them, not more as they are strong.

Just get creative. Or, buy Bumble Bee Brand Tuna Sensations. Comes in Tomato/Basil, Lemon Pepper, or Thai.

Quizno's restaurant (if you have one near you) makes THE best Tuna salad. It's great. Order a lettuce salad and have them use Tuna vs. their other meats.

Do it Mexican style. Tons of finely chopped lettuce, chopped tomato, onion, cilantro. Peas, corn, mayo, salt, pepper. That's a fav of mine as well. Mix everything but the lettuce in a big bowl. Then add lettuce.

Someone told me to try using plain yougart instead of mayo. (I am alergic) I havent tried it yet because I havent gotten a great recipie for it yet. any sugestions

For my chicken salad I use low fat mayo and I always add a little Water to moisten without calories and my special ingredient is Tarragon. Yummy! Sometimes a little lemon juice but the kids do not like that very much.

Egg salad.....celery salt, onion powder, lowfat mayo and pepper.

tuna salad....I use just lowfat mayo and Pickle Juice. That way you get the dill flavor (you could just add dried dill) but again it adds to the moisture without the fat!

Good Luck and Congrats!

Maureen

My egg/tuna salad are the same thing..

2 Hardboiled eggs all chopped up, or can of tuna drained..

Mix 1.5 tbsp of lf miracle whip (you can use mayo, but DH prefers miracle whip, so we use that one) and 1/2 tbsp of relish.

Mix together and I sprinkle salt & pepper on top.. (paprika on top if egg salad) and ta-da.