Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 10/21 and I'm a little discouraged because the scale hasn't moved in a whole week! I lost 10 pounds since surgery but I don't know why it is still sitting at the same number! It's only been 2 weeks how could I stop losing after my first week? I'm getting 60 g of Protein in daily, 64 oz Fluid. I'm on full liquid and about to transition to purée. I haven't eaten anything with sugar... what's the deal??

Angel

Surgery date 10/21/16

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/351046-embrace-the-stall/

Your body is still traumatized and pumped full of fluids and meds from surgery and usually you're lucky not to gain weight within the first week to 10 days. And the first stall usually hits around your third week.

Your body has to take pauses every once in a while. No one loses weight steadily. Think of it as it needing a small rest break while it figures out whether this lower calorie/low carb thing is going to be permanent... it is? Well okay, guess we'll drop another few pounds and see what you're doing then. Still low cal/carb and adding in exercise? Well maybe it's time to build a bit of muscle and drop some fat so you won't see the numbers on the scale drop but you'll notice the difference in your clothing since a fat is way more bulky than lean muscle. Rinse and repeat for the next year with varying lengths of time spend in stalls.

You'll be fine. Do read Inner Surfer Girl's post about Embracing the Stall and it will all make sense. :)

Edited by FrankiesGirl

You're still healing. Stay off the scale and just focus on healing and following your plan. The weight will come off as long as you follow your plan....just relax!

I had a one week stall at 3 weeks and it is fairly common and totally normal. I even gained a pound when I went to purees. Your body is just adjusting and will start dropping again. I had another one at 5 weeks (and i got frustrated again) but rationally i knew it would come off again...no need to panic. Stalls are all part of this. I'm not looking forward to the 2 month stalls I've heard about. 1 week is nail biting enough for me :)

I agree with the others. Stalls happen to everyone, especially within the first few weeks. Stay off the scale, follow your plan, and it will pick back up soon.

Thanks guys! I guess I just thought I would stall from day 10! It's a little jarring but I have no choice but to keep on keeping on!

Angel

Surgery date 10/21/16

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

2. 888starzkl

Зарегистрируйтесь на https://888starz.today и получите бонусы за первый депозит.

• BeanitoDiego

Lost my Pup last month and struggled really hard for that first month. Stopped tracking intake and slid into old habits here and there. Also quit working out. Can't walk in the neighborhood because of all of the memories we shared. Losing my Pup is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through. My Pup was my world 💔
      Talked to my doc during my one year followup and they were not worried about my current status. They know, and I know, that I will get back on track.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

I'm so sorry. I lost my pup (Mr. Bitters - a chocolate Pomeranian) 2 years ago and it still makes me tear up. He was my everything - my constant companion. I understand. Do the best you can to get back on track.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches