Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved today, hernia repair as well. Here for a standard overnight in hospital, no nausea only when I first woke from surgery but zofran helped. Worst is the shoulder gas pain. Been walking, using my incentive spirometer and asking for pain meds. It's been improving but super slow over the hours. After my nap it improved but then I walked and when I had to take deep Breaths it hurt all over again. The hospital staff and docs have been amazing, I'm happy for my new life. Now to eat liquid for a month.....lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm scheduled on the 22 and I'm so scared!

Thank you guys. I was super scared too, it's nothing anyone can't handle, I assure you. I've been asking the nurse for pain meds and staying on top of that Ana nausea meds. Done ice and heat for my shoulder (gas pain from the co2 hurts), and found heat works for me. Have someone stay w you overnight it helps just for moving around and getting ice chips and stuff like that. I'm wearing compression boots and don't want to call the nurse every time I get in bed. They'd happily do it but my husband is right here. It's faster.

Congratulations and speedy recovery :D

Congratulations!! The gas pain was the worst for me and I felt it in my chest and under my ribs!! Walking helped loads and pain meds.!! Once I got to full liquids I got lots of liquid savory Soups like Tomato red pepper, carrot ginger, creamy corn and roasted red peppers, butternut squash, etc mostly the imagine brand bc they are low to non fat and taste great. I added fage Greek plain yogurt for more Protein and creaminess. Some ppl cant handle thickness early on but if you can, those are sone of my suggestions.

Happy recovering

Awesome thank you so much for the tip!! I am a bit hungry now/nauseous bc I'm only on ice chips. I'm sure that icky hunger feeling will go away this am when I can drink. My shoulder much better than yesterday but still sore. I asked for zofran bc my swallow study scheduled for 0700 I don't want to get sick. I also got toradol around the clock (like iv Motrin), it's helping now w my sore neck but when I had severe shoulder pain only dilaudid helped. I'll prob go home today, my only fear is being able to keep down pain meds if I need them.

Awesome thank you so much for the tip!! I am a bit hungry now/nauseous bc I'm only on ice chips. I'm sure that icky hunger feeling will go away this am when I can drink. My shoulder much better than yesterday but still sore. I asked for zofran bc my swallow study scheduled for 0700 I don't want to get sick. I also got toradol around the clock (like iv Motrin), it's helping now w my sore neck but when I had severe shoulder pain only dilaudid helped. I'll prob go home today, my only fear is being able to keep down pain meds if I need them.

ask for zofran or other anti nausea meds to go home with to help with pain meds. They sent me home with promethazine, pain med and pritinix