Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days out and it isn't good

I am in so much pain on my left side. I knew there would be pain (I have had a hysterectomy and gallbladder removed) but wasn't expecting anything near this. I am staying on top of my pain and nausea meds.

I'm finally home, they kept me an extra day due to pain and nausea. I wasn't able to eat much at the hospital, the food tasted so sweet and awful. Now home I am trying so hard. It I feel like I am failing. The only thing that goes down well is applesauce and lukewarm Water. It feels like there is air in my stomach and when I eat and drink it shoves the air upward.

I am hoping things get better, much better soon! If. It I'm going to pull my hair out!

So sorry [emoji52] it was rough for me the 1st couple of months too. Drink your Water and get that Protein in. I can't handle any protein but unflavored GENEPRO. I know a lot of people have different opinions However it saved my life, literally. Take care.

I had that same sort of pain you are talking about. It really will get better. Do the best you can to get your liquids and Protein in, but don't get down on yourself - you are not failing. Sip.Take it slow. Get down what you can, but don't push or stress yourself out about it. And if you can walk. Walking/moving around helped me SO MUCH. It seemed to alleviate the gas pains/full feeling more than anything else did those first few weeks.

Good luck and hang in there!

I had the same pain as you had. They kept me and extra 4 days for pain and nausea. For me it lasted 3 weeks. But others had it last much shorter of a time.

Definitely walk to get that gas out! It REALLY will help!!

Also stay on top of those pain meds! Set a schedule and even set alarms during the night so you don't get behind the pain! It WILL get better!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@TiredOfMyself Don't worry about food at this point. Get in your fluids - that's most important and will make you feel much better. Try different temps to see if one is better than the other. Hot tea or broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, Powerade Zero, Vitamin Water Zero, Crystal Light, Iced Tea, etc. Keep walking and moving around - even as you're sitting down - rock back and forth, move your arms dramatically when walking, march in place, etc. I stood up to drink - it seemed to help it go down. Take very small sips but just keep sipping. If you have problems with something - find another liquid to try. There's so many possibilities - you don't have to stick with only drinking plain Water (unless that's what you want). Getting enough fluids is critical right now. Stay strong!!! It'll get better - I promise!!!