Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attn: Catholics - Communion

I think Boo Boo Kitty is in the right here. Like it has been said so many times on this board, people should follow THEIR surgeon's instructions, not other people's surgeon's instructions. Telling someone that they can absolutely do something and have no adverse reaction is wrong. There is no way around that. It doesn't matter if your doctor says you can do it. Her doctor may not agree. The correct action here was to tell the OP to ask her surgeon.

what does PB stand for?????

Productive Burp - a burp where your food comes back up - it's sorta like throwing up but not really. You burp and up comes your food that you are usually stuck on or that you over ate - Let me state for the record that this has been MY experience.

IMHO - I'd take communition - but just to make everyone happy here - you should ask your surgeon- I bet he would ok it. But that just my opinion and i am not a doctor with a degree ( my disclaimer before i get attacked):rolleyes:

Well all I have to say is Dang!!! Can't we all just get along and respect each other? I for one come to this site for positive feedback, and lately I have seen nothing but petty arguements. I think we are all adult enough to make our own decisions. I don't take everyones opinions as written in stone. I choose to either follow advice or not, but I will ask what other's experiences are. I hate that posters are getting attacked for posting!! If you disagree with something just say so, but like GadgetLady said, do it in a polite manner and take into account other's feelings. I am so sick of all of these fights. Anyone know of a better site than this? This site is just to petty anymore!

The first weekend after surgery, I didn't feel well enough to attend Mass. By the following weekend I was only 2 days away from my 2-week follow-up with the surgeon, and anticipated being moved to mushies, so I did take the host. I kept it in my mouth a little longer than I usually do, to make sure it was soft before I swallowed. It went down easily and caused no problems.

I also relied on my faith to believe that the Lord would not let me have a problem with doing this.

To my surprise, on Tuesday my doctor said I was doing well enough to skip the mushies, and move right to soft food!

Thanks for asking. To everyone else who might be worrying about this, please know that this is my experience, and your mileage may vary.

Surfbored

mbanja, try Band2gether.net (b2g) Lap-band Support Forums - Powered by vBulletin. It's a "kinder, friendlier" version of LBT. It was started by a former LBT member who was banned for being part of some pretty nasty goings-on -- IMO, she was attacked and defended herself. B2G is a much more supportive place to hang out.

surfbored, I'm glad you were able to take communion and didn't, ya know, PB or DIE. My guess was that you would be fine, being a former Catholic myself and knowing the consistency of the host. Of course, I'm remembering that you did ask Catholics the question and I'm not sure everyone who responded in the negative was Catholic and knew about how Catholic communion dissolves.

Blessings to you on your band journey!

mbanja, try Band2gether.net (b2g) Lap-band Support Forums - Powered by vBulletin. It's a "kinder, friendlier" version of LBT. It was started by a former LBT member who was banned for being part of some pretty nasty goings-on -- IMO, she was attacked and defended herself. B2G is a much more supportive place to hang out.

surfbored, I'm glad you were able to take communion and didn't, ya know, PB or DIE. My guess was that you would be fine, being a former Catholic myself and knowing the consistency of the host. Of course, I'm remembering that you did ask Catholics the question and I'm not sure everyone who responded in the negative was Catholic and knew about how Catholic communion dissolves.

Blessings to you on your band journey!

Gadgelady - I have been on there - I had a little spat with some little girl who said lapband was the easy way out... So it has a few attackers too. (imho anytime you get strong willed people together especially women this will happen) I still ck in there everynow and then - but find there is more action over here - but it was another forum where to obtain info - just like obesity help.. Those 2 sites and this one is where the majority of my pre-band work was done - and yes we do have a few member who can get riled up.. I was just on a thread the other day - where a newbie stated the band wasn't the magic answer (and she is banded) -and boy did she get attack when all she was doing was stating facts - i responded and told the attackers that i would stand with her on their firing line any day and asked that they point out where she was rude or offesnsive - but never got a response expect for the poor thing who was being attacked to say thank you..

I am usually very careful in how i word my comments (sometimes it takes me forever to write a response so that I don't offend) as I understand that some peoples feelings get hurt real easy or that if you state your opinion to start mushies 1 day before the doctor says - you will get yelled at - Well - WTF i don't always follow the rules 100% - cuz i am one of those "good" Catholic girls from Catholic School":o and I would venture to say that there are tons of people who follow the rules 100% and tons who tweek them a little too...

The way I look at it - to each their own - we are all individuals who will not always agree with each other - but yes we don't have to attack each other - in the famous words of Rodney King "Why can't we all just get along" Peace Out :rolleyes:

The first weekend after surgery, I didn't feel well enough to attend Mass. By the following weekend I was only 2 days away from my 2-week follow-up with the surgeon, and anticipated being moved to mushies, so I did take the host. I kept it in my mouth a little longer than I usually do, to make sure it was soft before I swallowed. It went down easily and caused no problems.

I also relied on my faith to believe that the Lord would not let me have a problem with doing this.

To my surprise, on Tuesday my doctor said I was doing well enough to skip the mushies, and move right to soft food!

Thanks for asking. To everyone else who might be worrying about this, please know that this is my experience, and your mileage may vary.

Surfbored

So glad to know you were able to take Communion, Surfbord! And even more glad to know that you weren't driven away by some of the comments here.... :rolleyes: Keep posting and may God continue to bless you!