Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm freezing cold....Anyone else

I can't seem to get warm. Its 80 degrees outside but I'm so cold my lips are blue. My friend said it was normal because of the weight loss. Have anyone of you had this happen, or Heavens forbid am I coming down with something. I was so cold last night I sat in the hottub for a hour.

yup, i am always always cold. i wear long sleeves to work and as i am walking to my office people look at me like i am nuts. i live in Dallas and its about 90-95ish some days.

it's the weight loss. i hope to regulate soon ...

Okay, first let me say I'm SO jealous about your trip to Cabo! Good for you! Have a Waborita for me (actually don't - they are loaded with calories!).

Okay, re: the cold I am cold all the time when I have restriction. Right now, I need another fill and I'm normal. I think it's due to calorie restriction.

Cindy, maybe I'll talk my mom into getting one and I'll try a few sips. Thanks for letting me know I'm normal.. Ha Ha.

Losingjusme, I know what you mean about people thinking your nuts, when I was in Albuquerque a few weeks ago it was 100 degrees and I had a sweater on.

Surfbored, I hadn't thought of that. I have strips so I checked and there is a trace.

Thanks for the support..

I too am freezing all the time! I also live in Texas and am a school teacher. I keep a sweater in my class and typically have to wear it every day before the day is over. But I'll gladly take a little chill over being 50 pounds heavier any day!!!

I get weird looks all the time because of sitting at office in a jackey and it is 97 outside..haha..I am dreading winter! HAve been known to get up in middle of night and get into a tub of hot Water to warm up. Hubby says my internal furnace has gone out with the weight loss! It is a small price to pay though for all the great rewards!!...Good luck and many blessigns to all!

deb...banded in April 2003///95-98 lbs lost..maintaining for over 2 years! YIPPEE!

I am always cold to. I was told that it is because we are not taking in as many calories. So our body is not constantly working to burn them off. It really makes sense to me because before the lap band I was always sweaing. Maybe because I was eating all the time. But right after my surgery I was always cold. So I know it was not because I had lost my insulation. I notice after I have a fill and I am on liquids I am even colder. I actually never get hot anymore. I like that though.

Yep! You've lost that nice warm eskimo blubber coat you've been wearing (one that made ME constantly HOT no matter where I was). I love having my temperature lowered for a change. It's bad enough going through menopause being hot, but with all that fat I was out of control toasty! This is a welcome change! It's a lot easier to put clothes ON cuz you can only strip so far if you're HOT!

Your all so right, it is well worth it not to have the extra pounds hanging on, but my gosh when I get so cold my lips turn blue and my hands are numb. My hubby says turn up the heat but its not even really winter yet. I hate the thought of a huge power bill. Sorry I'm rambling.

Thanks all for the support.

I'm freezing too!! I thought it was because I was anemic. I've been anemic for years; been on prescription Iron to try and fix it but not anymore. My sister is horribly anemic and she's constantly blue.

I've never heard of the ketosis thing making you cold - interesting!

Today hubby and I took jeep and went for a ride in mountains..I had on long sleeve sweat shirt..hooded sweater..and vest..he had on short sleeves...ugggg...go figure!..lol

deb