Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My date has changed...

Well, I was originally scheduled to do my surgery on 9/10 but due to finances not being here on time, I had to reschedule for 9/19. So I am still a September Bandster, just doing it 9 days later. My doc told me to go off of my preop diet but to maintain my weight, and go back on it seven days prior to the surgery. He said if continued to do my preop like I was, then my liver wouldn't be in optimal condition. Hey, at least I can lay off the shakes for a little while. He also encouraged me to have my "last supper" eight days before the surgery. So off to Olive Garden I will go and have my parmesan chicken. Yum.

When I went to the bank to get the money for the surgery, it was soooo nerve racking, sad, and exciting at the same time. Nerve racking :phanvan because never in my life have I had to get a cashiers check for that much money. Sad, :cry because for a few hours I actually had like 17,000 in the bank and in a matter of seconds, my balance was back down to triple digits. Excited because the money is for my life. :clap2:

Well, I was originally scheduled to do my surgery on 9/10 but due to finances not being here on time, I had to reschedule for 9/19. So I am still a September Bandster, just doing it 9 days later. My doc told me to go off of my preop diet but to maintain my weight, and go back on it seven days prior to the surgery. He said if continued to do my preop like I was, then my liver wouldn't be in optimal condition. Hey, at least I can lay off the shakes for a little while. He also encouraged me to have my "last supper" eight days before the surgery. So off to Olive Garden I will go and have my parmesan chicken. Yum.

When I went to the bank to get the money for the surgery, it was soooo nerve racking, sad, and exciting at the same time. Nerve racking :phanvan because never in my life have I had to get a cashiers check for that much money. Sad, :cry because for a few hours I actually had like 17,000 in the bank and in a matter of seconds, my balance was back down to triple digits. Excited because the money is for my life. :clap2:

You are now being banded the day after me. :whoo:

I think I recall that you were originally thinking of going to Dr K. in Denver? But the amount you said your cashiers check was for, I am assuming you went to someone more close to where you live. I thought it would have neat to possibly meet up with another newbie bandster, if you were one day after me and seeing Dr. K.

The week and a bit should go by pretty fast. My kids are staying at my moms for a few days, so I have to get their stuff packed and my stuff in order before we fly out.:o

I had my last supper at Olive Garden on Wednesday evening. Ate a big plate of Pasta and a few breadsticks.

Good luck on your preop diet. I started mine today. No carbs. Felt a little empty this morning without my morning coffee ritual and I am not a morning eater so this morning I did not feel well to say the least. :puke:This afternoon has been fine though. I guess it should get easier by the day or at least I am hoping.

:gluck:

Yeah, I was originally going to go with Dr. K but I couldn't get in until late October and with my being in school full time, I needed to get it done in sept or dec. I didn't want to wait that long, and put on more weight. I've been wanting this for years now and was ready in april of this year except for the financing. Being closer to home is nice too. When I tallied up my flight, hotel, and fills here locally, over time it would have added up to close to the same amount that I paid for. Plus, I really like this center. So, I am happy with my choice, I just wish lapband was covered by all insurances. It should be treated as an intervention for obesity. Well, insurances pay for chemo for cancer, and diabetes supplies and testing for diabetics, why not the lap band for the morbidly obese? Well, good luck on your surgery date. Let me know how your recovery goes.

Ohhhh, I know thats frustrating... A week and 1/2 will fly by. Enjoy your last meal at the OG. I swear that must be everyone's last meal spot. It was mine too! We'll be able to eat there again, except we'll be able to have it for several days as leftovers! LOL Good luck. Sit tight!

Chilipepper, I am sorry that you had to move your date to the 19th, but am glad because that is my date too! I am excited for you and hope that we can stay in touch and "compare" notes! Good luck over the weekend, how did your Olive Garden go? I didn't have to do a pre0op diet and hubby and I are going to Red Lobster to eat those yummy bisquits for the last time!!!