Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Past life drive through foods...eye opener!

If this is new information to you, then clearly you weren't a serial WWs member like I was. (Please read my "tone" as good natured fun, here.)

I'd dare say most of us knew of those outrageous numbers and...

ATE IT ANYWAY!

Like WTF?!?

I know, right?

A very long time ago, I used to LOVE Jack in the Box's Ultimate Cheeseburger.

https://www.caloriecount.com/calories-jack-box-ultimate-cheeseburger-i53641

819 calories

49 g fat

44 carbs

I would joke that it was a "cholesterol highball".

And then eat it. Generally with fries or onion rings and a large root beer.

Last time I got one because I thought I was craving it (a couple of years ago, long before my VSG), I couldn't even eat 1/2 and it made me feel gross for most of the day.

I never really liked fast food, but got used to the convenience. I need to learn how to make healthy versions of the things I used to love eating out. :D

Hello Kel, My name is Sara and I am also a recovering BigMac addict.

It is amazing to me that I used to eat individual items that are an entire day's worth of calories!

Hi I'm Nia and I'm too a recovering Big Mac addict with extra sauce

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using the BariatricPal App

Big Mac with extra sauce....yep, that was my thing. I wonder if I will ever truly forget about how indulgent that was, It was like a hit of heroin for an addict.

Oh my!!

I have gone online and researched the calories that are in foods that I USED to eat quite often. I must have been in quite a state of denial. I can't believe the calories in these foods! Plus the carbs and sugar. I know that as post WLS we don't focus on calories as much as +Protein

and -carbs/sugar, however I can see from this quick research that what I was consuming regularly pushed me WAY over what I needed in calories and carbs.

I now track just about everything I eat. Someday I will relax and not track so much but it is helping me a lot right now. Here is a list of stuff I used to eat pre-surgery and when I was in complete denial.

Starbucks Iced Lemon Pound Cake: 470 calories, 68 carbs (yikes).

Starbucks chicken Artichoke on Ancient Grain Flatbreat (sounds healthy, right?) 510 calories, 37 carbs.

McDonald's Big Mac: 563 calories, 44 carbs. (Hello, I'm Kel. I'm a recovering Big Mac Addict.)

Jack-in-the-Box Portobello Mushroom Buttery Jack: 810 calories, 51 carbs. (!!!)

Jack-in-the-Box Breakfast Platter: 640calories, 47 carbs.

Jimmy Johns Club tuna Sandwich: 1000 calories, 73 carbs.

Snyders' of Hanover Honey Mustard Pretzel Pieces, 3 oz bag: 420 calories, 60 carbs.

Einstein's Everything Bagel with Regular Cream Cheese: 430 calories, 60 carbs.

Loaded Baked Potato w/sour cream, cheese and bacon bits: 535 calories, 62 carbs.

And to think on any given day pre-surgery life I might have had 2 or 3 of these items. Sleeve life is truly a learning journey!

I love Big Macs and man jimmy johns BLT is one of my favs...I'm afraid to see what the carbs and calorie intake is. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App