Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DON'T Give up!!

Good Morning fellow bandsters!!

Just felt like i needed to beep in this morning and say a little something about being banded. I was banded 10 months ago. The first 8 months of being banded I was ''stuck'' in the fear mode because a lot of the time when i ate I started that horrible sliming that we all have once in a while. I knew I was eating too much although it was way over 1/2 less of what i would normally had eaten prior to being banded. That fear kept me stuck for 8 months without getting the proper fill-thus, weight loss was really low for being 8 months out. 30 lbs to be exact. I was afraid to go back to my doc because i didint want to hear how bad i was doing so i just keep doing what wasnt working----i finally gave up the fight and went to my doc and got another fill and last week got another fill again. i was down 16.7 lbs inbetween fills which was only 4 weeks. I can't tell you how grateful I am to be loosing weight and to be finally ''working'' the band the way it was intended to be worked. Sure, I still occasionally get that sliming deal if i eat too fast or something that doesnt agree w/ my band, but I'm loosing and that's what i signed up for----so, I guess what i'm saying is don't be afraid of fills-talk to your doctor and let him know what is going on.....I'm so grafteful I did .....i'm 10 months out and down almost 60lbs with another 50 to go, but as long as i'm honest with myself i know without a doubt that i will make it!!!! Sherry:whoo:

Great post! I know what you mean about being afraid to face the doctor, that happened to someone in my family that got banded, and it kept her stuck for a while too. Good job on the weight loss!

I am getting nervous. I did badly on my preop Optifast and lost zip. I am 2 months from surgery and have lost 22 lbs. 10 of that was in the initial Fluid and soft diet phase so is to be expected. The other 12 lbs have been at over 6 weeks. Now I am happy with that but can't help but compare myself to the big losers. I know everyone is different and that I am on schedule but still.....

I have had 2 fills and really am surprized to feel not much if any change. I will wait another week or so and go for #3. I don't want to keep thinking about food all the time. I just want to eat when I am hungry and feel satisfied. I am answering all my own questions and know what I have to do so forgive me for venting. Just wondering if others feel the same.

Neef

I have to say dont beat yourself up 22lbs is much better then gaining.

Be proud of yourself for taking the steps you HAVE taken and dont beat yourself up of the things you havent done YET. One step at a time

Sherry

Congratulations to you on 2 things:

1. NOT giving up.

2. Loosing all that weight!

What a great start to your new you! I wish you all the best of luck on your continued success! :car: