Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is today the day?

<p>There are very few days in a person's life where you wake up one person and go to sleep someone else. The day of your birth. Your wedding day. Your graduation day.</p> <p> </p> <p>Is today one of those days for me?</p> <p> </p> <p>Today I go for my pre-op meeting. Today is also the day where I will "officially" sign the papers for my loan and agree to the surgery. I'm taking my DW and she's going to be the one tugging at the chain a bit. She's still not 100% although she's given her "okay" but not really her "blessing."</p> <p> </p> <p>Still, I think it's a positive that she's going and listening.</p> <p> </p> <p>Just curious if pre-op day was "the day" you put it in your heads that you're finally getting banded. Or, if it's just another day along the road to health?</p> <p> </p> <p>It really seems like I will go to sleep different than when I woke up.</p>

I knew almost before walking into my seminar that I was going to do this. The seminar just cinched it for me. I even went prepared with printouts of my calendar so that I could schedule it that day. I walked out of there with a date a month out (to give me time to sleep on it), but I'll never forget the butterflies in my stomach and the spring in my step as I walked back to my car. Indeed, that was a day of re-birth for me.

Best of everything to you. You will not be sorry.

I had sooo many delays along the way, it didnt click for me until I had the surgery date. Then it really clicked several days before actual surgery.

Good Luck.

Yes, this very well could be on of those days for you. It was for me -- moreso than surgery day. You're going to do great!

It is great your wife is going with you. I made my husband go also, to my first meetings so he knew what to expect also. I realized, that was a big step so they he would get an idea of what I'm going through.. and why.

That meeting was 'the day' for me, because I knew my DH was on board.. he heard what's going on, and still wasn't trying to stop me.

I also found out what I had to 'give up', and it started THAT DAY for me. Cokes comes to mind.. I had to swear off the carbonated sugar Water that kept me going every day! And I did, that day was the day I never had coke again ;) I also started making healthier choices that day to start shrinking my liver.

So yes, this is going to be one of those new days!

Congratulations :mad:

Well, without getting too mushie... it was.

It SO was. I woke up this morning with a different feeling in my very soul. Like, nothing was too difficult or too hard.

So much so, that I'm now going out to mow MY yard AND my parent's yard. (Well, that doesn't sound as fun as I thought it would...)

But still... there is an "S" on my chest today. I can do ANYTHING.