Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Missing saline?

I was banded in April 2007. I have had three fills and finally feel retriction after the third. I had 3cc's added first fill had 3 cc's added second fill and did not feel anything. I really think he might of missed on the second one because i felt nothing at all .( Is this possiable?of course they say no because then they would have to do the next one for free!!!LOL)Then I went for the third one and they only could find 3 cc's from the other two fills. ( I really really think he missed!!!!) So he said don't worry it could just be in the tubbing so he added 3 more cc's. So i should have 9cc's but they are only saying i have 6cc's. But finally I have retriction But it is so far from my sweet spot. At least now when i don't chew well i finally feel that something is there. And it hurts like Hell!!! Is this normal ? I don't seem to be looseing weight like I was at the start. Does anyone know anything about this and how your sweet spot should feel? Would someone please help!!!!! I am so frustrated!!!!:help:

Thanks,

Stacy

Wow - what a difference in docs. I was banded 6/18/07 and got 1.1 cc's first fill - then yesterday my second they only gave me .7 cc. He said that some people do not feel restriction until the third fill. I know I don't - but I'm still losing. Are you losing with your 6 cc's?

I had that type of feeling BEFORE I got a fill - when I ate too big of a bite or too fast.

Carlotta

I have been banded for 3years now and just had mine opened for a health reason, but I only had 3.1cc in my band and that was restriction believe me I was told depends on the size band that is placed in you...I can only fill to a 4cc with my band...that is alll they said it would hold...I am having it closed back in oct....I have lost 125 have gained 12pds since I had it opened and that was on 8-3-07 so you gotta watch it...with it reopened/.

I was banded in April 2007. I have had three fills and finally feel retriction after the third. I had 3cc's added first fill had 3 cc's added second fill and did not feel anything. I really think he might of missed on the second one because i felt nothing at all .( Is this possiable?of course they say no because then they would have to do the next one for free!!!LOL)Then I went for the third one and they only could find 3 cc's from the other two fills. ( I really really think he missed!!!!) So he said don't worry it could just be in the tubbing so he added 3 more cc's. So i should have 9cc's but they are only saying i have 6cc's. But finally I have retriction But it is so far from my sweet spot. At least now when i don't chew well i finally feel that something is there. And it hurts like Hell!!! Is this normal ? I don't seem to be looseing weight like I was at the start. Does anyone know anything about this and how your sweet spot should feel? Would someone please help!!!!! I am so frustrated!!!!:help:

Thanks,

Stacy

What some surgeons fail to mention is...the first fill...about half is absorbed by the band...so for example...my first fill was 1.0 cc (I have a 4cc band, you have a 10cc). He told me to expect only .5cc to still be in there when I came back for my next fill. Guess what? Only .5cc was in there...just like he said! Then he added another .7cc's for a total of 1.3cc's. So I'm guessing since you have the bigger band, more was absorbed in your first fill. Just a thought.

I'm also not at my sweet spot...but I'm getting there...hang in there, you'll get there soon!

Wow - what a difference in docs. I was banded 6/18/07 and got 1.1 cc's first fill - then yesterday my second they only gave me .7 cc. He said that some people do not feel restriction until the third fill. I know I don't - but I'm still losing. Are you losing with your 6 cc's?

I had that type of feeling BEFORE I got a fill - when I ate too big of a bite or too fast.

Carlotta

Thanks for your reply. I am still losing a little. It just don't seem to be one pound a week. I may go several weeks with no weight loss and then some weeks I will lose 4 or 5 pounds. The scales just keep me real frustrated. So I hope when I go back on the 19th he gives me a little more. This just seems to be a really slow process. But hey I have lost 40 lbs since April 30th 2007. So I guess I really should not complain!!!

I have been banded for 3years now and just had mine opened for a health reason, but I only had 3.1cc in my band and that was restriction believe me I was told depends on the size band that is placed in you...I can only fill to a 4cc with my band...that is alll they said it would hold...I am having it closed back in oct....I have lost 125 have gained 12pds since I had it opened and that was on 8-3-07 so you gotta watch it...with it reopened/.

Thanks! I do have the big band it is the only one my Dr. uses. So i have 6cc in a 10cc band. So hopfuly I am getting close to my sweet spot. Good look with your refill!!!

Thanks,

Stacy

What some surgeons fail to mention is...the first fill...about half is absorbed by the band...so for example...my first fill was 1.0 cc (I have a 4cc band, you have a 10cc). He told me to expect only .5cc to still be in there when I came back for my next fill. Guess what? Only .5cc was in there...just like he said! Then he added another .7cc's for a total of 1.3cc's. So I'm guessing since you have the bigger band, more was absorbed in your first fill. Just a thought.

I'm also not at my sweet spot...but I'm getting there...hang in there, you'll get there soon!

Thanks for your support. I know I will get there I just get so frustrated! It's all great when the scales are moving but ,when they stop OH boy here comes all the quilt of what am i doing wrong. I just keep remindeing myself that I have lost 40lbs since April 30th 2007. ( AND I HAVE TO GIVE MYSELF A YOU GO GIRL!!! LOL) It all boils down to I just want the scales to move a little faster. Thanks again for you'r support!!!!!!

Stacy

I was banded in March and due to a few gall bladder problems, have not had a fill yet. I also have severe asthma and take steroids. The steroids tend to put weight on without eating. I have only lost about 32 pounds and am looking forward to a fill but do feel restrictions when eating food that is not chewed well or anything with a lot of starch. I am not eating half of what I ate before but look forward to more weight loss.:clap2: