Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is why I need WLS.

So I had my first NUT appointment on September 26 2016. I was not given a "diet" but was told to make better decisions about food. The first week was great but a few days in, the cravings started hitting me hard. I did give in, not going overboard as I normally would. I did have a couple of candy bars this month, not at once! I have had fast food a couple times and ate half a pancake at a diner. I have not had a soda since the 26th of September. It's been all Water, no juice, seltzer etc. here I am this morning stepping onto the scale only to see the numbers are not really moving

This is the story of my life. I make a little headway and stall out to nothing. I'm hungry. I feel drained and unhappy. I don't think food will make me happy, but it sucks to give up things and not really see any progress. Any other time I would say EFF THIS, And go back to eating till I am full, not counting calories or minding the carbs and down a ice cold coke. This time it's different. I know that in just a couple months I will have a tool to aid me in removing this curse that I manifested myself.

post-298308-14766366542553_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Jane1979

How much fluids are you drinking. I was told to drink 64 oz a day. I don't eat 1/2 hr. before or after meals. This helps a lot of time I'm not really hungry, I'm thirsty.

sorry I thought you were sleeved. my doctor did not give me a pre diet either.

@@wolfylove my average is 60oz of Water. I'm not sleeved yet. Wasn't told to refrain from drinking during my NUT appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Even though your not sleeved yet it may help to get in the practice of not eating and drinking at the same time as how wolfylove mentioned. When you eat and drink at the same time it washes the food through your system faster and makes it easier to eat more and be hungry quicker after eating which for me always led to bad choices personally.

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process of losing weight. Whether you have had WLS or not, if you intend to lose a significant amount of weight you will experience stalls.

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Are you Journaling? Are you being completely honest with yourself? Are you staying away from Pasta n bread n white potatoes.. Gotta watch the fruit too.. Full of sugar.. When I was doing a high Protein low to no carbs I dropped #s

Munky

BTW.. No I haven't had surgery yet either

Munky

If you want to get rid of some of those cravings, I'd recommend dropping sugar. After you crash, you're going to feel a lot better. It's really hard to get rid of sugar entirely because it is added to so many things, but juice, candy, soda, Desserts -- those kind of things you should eliminate.

CNN had an interesting article about sugar the other day you might be interested in: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/health/sugar-may-make-you-sick/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool