Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone else have an easy recovery? I'm getting downright paranoid....

This 70 year old and my precious 69 year old husband have danced our lives away for the past three years! Especially our grandsons recent wedding!

I was sleeved on 9/22/16 and I never really experienced the gas pains, nor do I have any issues with the foods I've tried. Twice, I think I ate too fast or maybe a little too much and I had some discomfort that lasted about a half an hour. Other than that, it's been smooth sailing. My only issue is that while my clothes have gotten bigger, I've only lost about 8 lbs since surgery and that is with pre-surgery weight of 292. This part is frustrating for me because I had higher expectations. At 3+ weeks, I can now eat about 800 - 900 calories and I'm hitting all my targets. At least I feel good though!

I am really hoping to have this "problem" after my sleeve on 10/25. Glad you are doing so well!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on Tuesday, by Thursday morning I was at the mall across from the hospital. Friday flew home. Saturday I went to an OU football game. However by day eight when I hadn't pooped, well I got a little freaked out. But things eventually worked their way out. ;-) Glad its going well for you. I suspect you were faithful in your preparation? If so, please feel free to share with those who want to "cheat" (or self sabotage, or make bad decisions) on the pre-op diet.

I'm still in my pre-op stages, but these stories have been a nice, uplifting thing to read! I hope my surgery goes as well as most of yours! Send me some good vibes, and keep up the great work everyone!! :)

Enjoy the gift!! I feel I'm getting it pretty easy as well, I have pain and some difficulty swallowing things that are too hot or cold but none of the scary stuff i'd heard about. I hope it keeps this way for you!!!

Edited by LittleLizzieLilliput

I couldn't have possibly had an easier time of it. I never took any pain meds. I spent most of my days walking around the hospital, outside Mexicali. I never felt afraid of the people around the hospital. They were all very friendly. Some asked my name and remembered it to say "Hi" the next time they saw me. These were Mexicali residents, not people employed at the hospital .

I was worried like you, that things were too easy. I could drink every single thing they brought me, without trouble.

Once you move to solids, it will be a different story. Just don't take that last bite when you feel full. It's very painful.

I am 2 months post op and had no pain or issues from day one. I also thought something was wrong, but my surgeon said just follow my orders and you will do fine. I do follow the plan exactly and that has helped me be totally honest on my food logs my Dr requires us to do. I was able to walk every hour the first two weeks increasing it every few days and that helped me feel good. You are doing fine

i was sleeved a week ago today 10/11/16. i was up walking within a few hours of surgery and the only pain i really have had to deal with is the gas pains. i dont think i've been as fortunate to get all Protein and liquid down because i still feel extremely full all the time. Hoping this will pass soon. but my recovery has gone way easier than expected. I've taken maybe 2 of the pain meds prescribed..and that was the first night home from the hospital and mostly because of the gas pains in my shoulder. No nausea... or anything like that. I've had no issue with my incisions either. So I'm counting this easy recovery as a blessing:) Good luck to all of you on your journey!!

Hi there @@ella37 I had a very easy recovery as well and was just as paranoid. I even made a thread about it!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/372467-ok-i-have-to-askare-things-going-too-well-am-i-overdoing-it/

Now I am 3 months out and everything is still going smoothly. Just getting easier as the days go on.

Hey everyone!!

My surgery was on 10/10 and it has been a great experience. Minimal pain, no gas and getting fluids in just fine. Today is my first follow up appointment with the surgeon.

One week post op today, down 7 lb since surgery and 13 since pre op diet (my pre op was only 4 days). Not bad!

I am 2 weeks post op today, I was worried also because this has been smooth sailing..... a little acid reflux here and there, but all is well! This also scares me that it's not working, but everyone says I'm melting away. I see my doc Friday and I will tell u I am scared to eat, but I tell myself everyday, I got this!

I have also had a super easy time. I also thought something surely must be wrong because it was too easy. I had no trouble from day 1 post op getting in my liquids and Protein drinks. I recovered so quickly and tolerating liquids so well that after 1 week of liquids, my Dr okayed it for me to advance to purée, then after doing so well on that was on soft foods at week 3. I am now 4 1/2 weeks post op, saw my NUT today and was approved to try different things 1 at a time to make sure I tolerate. So far there has been nothing that I haven't been able to tolerate. I can eat 1/2-1 cup of food depending on what type food it is. I make sure I get between 70-100 grams Protein daily, low carbs and at least 60oz or more of fluids daily. I am down 15 lbs from surgery date. The weight is coming off slow but it's coming off. I won't stress about it. So glad to hear that others out there had same thoughts as me, that it has been too easy, something must be wrong. I am very thankful to have been blessed with no complications.