Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days Post Op and feeling Regretful

Wow, thank you all so much! I can tell this time is going to be full of ups and downs!

I just went with my husband to pick up my kids after being with the inlaws the past week and got sick out of nowhere because the burping and aftertaste it leaves, my body finally couldn't take it!

Does this gas last forever or is it all just because of the surgery? Please tell me it's not forever because I'll be talking and rumbles just pop out of my throat. :(

And then I worry that the 30 grams of Protein I had for the day are gone now and I don't have the willpower to force myself to get that Protein and another 30 down again.

I'm sorry to sound so negative. I'm truly appreciative of the thoughts and motivation!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi

I'm 3 years out and I deal with lots of gas!! But I eat a lot of Beans and cheese because I have a hard time with most meat. I can tell you one of my life savers is PAPAYA ENZYMES they are natural and they help with gas and digestion. I buy them at Walmart for less than $5.00. They're so very amazing. I carry them with me constantly. I'm not a DR so you should run it by your Dr.

Hi

I'm 3 years out and I deal with lots of gas!! But I eat a lot of Beans and cheese because I have a hard time with most meat. I can tell you one of my life savers is PAPAYA ENZYMES they are natural and they help with gas and digestion. I buy them at Walmart for less than $5.00. They're so very amazing. I carry them with me constantly. I'm not a DR so you should run it by your Dr.

Oh no, that just made me sad!

It's the most awkward thing to have gas noises coming out while you're trying to talk.

I will have to ask my doctor about the papaya enzymes!

I'm 13 weeks post-op. I think the first 3 or 4 weeks were stressful on me. I didn't feel like eating or drinking. I just didn't want it and I was constantly worrying about fluids and Protein. After that first month I just started feeling better. My knees and back don't hurt anymore. I'm down 65 pounds and getting into smaller clothes. Luckily I never had to deal with any gas pains.

Yes I feel like it has been a source of stress too thinking I'm going to get sick not taking Vitamins or drinking enough Protein.

Also- I started my Vitamins 4 weeks before surgery. But they were not the kind I have to dissolve in Water. The taste made me gag in addition to the regurgitation!

So you think my main focus is to just sip in small amounts?

Have you heard anything about the Vitamin patch? I was thinking of trying that until I can take the pills again.

So I actually ordered some of the Vitamin Patches. I asked my surgeon about them before I did and he said there isn't any reason why they shouldn't work and if that's what I wanted to do he didn't care, as long as I am getting vitamins is what is important to him. I got them because I don't want to add that to one more thing to stress getting in. I'm having surgery on 10/25.

Has anyone tried them and gotten blood work back on them and had blood work done on them?

My Dr sales the vitamin patches and I love them I'm 10days post op

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App