Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meds and Food

I stopped taking some mood stabalization and anti-depressants a few months ago. Since then I have gained a bit over 10 pounds. All I think about it eating. It seems that the medications must have helped to level out my moods that it also effected how I ate. So now I am trying to decide what to do. The meds are so expensive I cant really afford them anymore. I also have not had a fill for quit a few months. I wonder if maybe I just need one again or is this issue from the lack of medications. Really I think its a little of both. I am not sure if anyone could relate to this problem or not. I wonder if thier is another kind of drug I could get thats cheaper maybe that can level out how much I think about eating. Lately I think I have been stressed so I eat for comfort. I am not sure how many of u have thought this to urself, "Who cares if I am a little chunky as long as I am happy". Happy while I eat is more like it but after reality kicks in u just feel guilty about failing another day. Any supportive comments or advice would be appriciated. Thx

They took my anti depressant off the market, and since then, I have tried every anti depressant out there and they all gave me horrible side effects. I discovered that regular exercise makes all the difference in the world. I am off of anti depressants for the first time in 30 years.

If you find you really do need one, try one of the ones that have gone generic. Prozac has gone generic and I bet some of the other SSRIs have too. A lot of people actually gain weight from anti depressants though.

I take generic Prozac and get it at Walmart for $4 a month. I love it. I could not make it without it. It's worth looking into. Some other anti-depressants that are available on their $4 plan are Paxil, Celexa and some other older ones (tricyclics but I think they are more likely to cause weight gain). I can't take Celexa because it makes my cravings for carbs and sugars totally uncontrollable. Nobody believes me when I tell them this but I swear its true. It's not that way for everyone though so you have to find whats right for you. I believe that if you need an anti-depressant, you should take one. Life is too short to be miserable and sad all the time. Good luck.

You should also think about getting another fill. You may be feeling hungry because you are underfilled.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches