Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

justwaitin2b banded in October and a bit scared

Good luck Ann, you'll do great, looking forward to hearing from you and how it all went!!!

I go in for my first fill this morning 8.30am and am feeling very nervous about it - but I am sure it will be fine.

Good Luck Ann, surround yourself with the knowledge that we will all be thinking of you, and expect nothing less than a terrific recovery for you............ big hugs - K

Had my first fill this morning. The local anaesthetic stung a little, and within about 2 minutes it was all over (fill and everything) - painless really. I have a 10cc band, that already had 2cc in it - my surgeon fills this much to all his 10cc bands at the time of the operation.

This morning he put another 2cc in. I am now back on Soups etc for the next 2-3 days, just to let everything settle down.

I hardly ate anything for lunch today - just didn't feel hungry. Everyone else around me was wolfing down their Melbourne Cup lunches, while I snacked on my Soup - but guess who won the sweepstakes - ME!!!!!!!!

My Dr said he will put another 1cc in for my next fill and then 1/2cc for my third fill. He said that this amount of restriction should be enough (5.5cc total) - here's hoping.

Take care everyone - Rastis xx

Hey Karen - how are you feeling now? Can you believe it's over a week ago that you went in for surgery? How fast does the time fly - it seems to take forever to get to surgery and then surgery is over and time seems to go so fast.

Hope you are doing well - and your wounds are healing nicely - take care - Rastis xx

Is anyone out there familiar with a Dr. Kirshenbaum in Colorado that does lapbands? thanx anita

acalpn@hotmail.com

Look in the Doctors and Hospitals forum on this board. There's a long thread about Dr. Kirshenbaum in there.

Oh man - day 11 today, and I am starting to feel hungry............ I have started eating small bites of normal food, chewing carefully of course......... everything seems fine so far, and no pain or PB........... did anyone else start normal foods a bit early???? hugs K

I did. I don't know if it's ok to or not. Probably not, but I did. I haven't had much trouble. If I eat too fast then I get pretty gassy. Other than that I am ok. I get my first fill on the 20th and I can't wait. I am still losing but i am having a difficult time sticking with the diet.

Oh man - day 11 today, and I am starting to feel hungry............ I have started eating small bites of normal food, chewing carefully of course......... everything seems fine so far, and no pain or PB........... did anyone else start normal foods a bit early???? hugs K

Hey Karen - I started eating small bits earlier on as well, but I must admit I did blend everything. I think one of the main concerns the doctors have with eating earlier on, is that the stomach has too work harder to digest the food, and it is still in the healing stage.

But in saying that, I didn't have any problems, but I did blend everything!! Cheers - Rastis x

Hi All .. How is everyone doing ??? I really apologize for not posting sooner, crazy at work, crazy at home etc... My computer was down for a while. So glad to hear everyone is doing well. My first fill was painless. He only injects 1 cc each fill (I wish it was more) I really cheated yesterday - I won't tell you what I had, but back I'm on the wagon. My problem was I wentout Friday night and had a couple/few glasses of wine which (and I should know better) makes me just want to eat junk the next day. Anyway - Back On The Wagon. I want to get back on track before the Holidays. How is everyone feeling ?

So glad everything went well for all !!! Welcome To Bandland :whoo:

Carol

Hi October Bandster, Just wondering how you are all doing? I am habging in there an d still tryingto learn what normal is for my stomach and eating. I have moved from mushie food to just chewing my food really well. It takes longer and Imust say I am eating less.

My stomach is still feeling very tight and beginning to itch at the incisions. The small band aids have not fallen off and I was told they would on thier own. Any ideas for an itchy stomach?

Hi All .. How is everyone doing ??? I really apologize for not posting sooner, crazy at work, crazy at home etc... My computer was down for a while. So glad to hear everyone is doing well. My first fill was painless. He only injects 1 cc each fill (I wish it was more) I really cheated yesterday - I won't tell you what I had, but back I'm on the wagon. My problem was I wentout Friday night and had a couple/few glasses of wine which (and I should know better) makes me just want to eat junk the next day. Anyway - Back On The Wagon. I want to get back on track before the Holidays. How is everyone feeling ?

So glad everything went well for all !!! Welcome To Bandland :whoo:

Carol

Glad to hear you are doing well!

How did your body handle the wine? I have not had any yet and would like to enjoy a drink with friends next week!