Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

justwaitin2b banded in October and a bit scared

Hello,

I can so relate to all that you have written. My band date is 12/5. My wish is that I was not so worried so I could concentrate on trying to eat better now. I am worried about being a stress eater and keep thinking about all that I can do instead of eat. I have been dealing with depression so I am very low energy and I hate it so much! I try not to read all the awful stories about the band and consquenses although I suppose it is better to be prepared for the good and bad.

I have never been a normal eater. I eat far and above what normal portion sizes are most of the time so I am concerned that I wll fail as well. As everyone else has commented, I have lost the same 30 pounds about 30 times. So, I know I can lose some weight. That is where the band will be wonderful and keep me going instead of gaining the weight back over and over.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing. Keep the positive thoughts a flowin :(

My starting weight was very close to yours. I have recently been banded and am very glad that I did. DON'T SET YOURSLEF UP FOR FAILURE!!!! TELL YOURSELF POSITIVE THINGS!! YOU CAN DO THIS!! It is good to be informed about possible risks, but when you decide to proceed (and it looks like you have) plan on succeeding. This website is great for support and encouragement. When you are down just come here. You will not fail!! You are going to lose that weight for the last time. I can't wait to see your progress.

:banditHey everyone, been a couple of weeks for me. I'm 3 weeks banded tommorrow and all up I've lost 7.6kgs since surgery. First week I lost 7.1kgs and these last 2 weeks less than a 1kg. I get my first fill on the 9th of Nov. so I hope I start to drop the weight.

Karen, I so sorry that I didn't get to chat before your op yesterday. I hope everything went well and you have a speedy recovery. Let me know how things are going when your up to it. I look forward to hearing from you soon. And so the journey begins, good luck.

Luv Pen:clap2:

Hey Everyone, I am banded and home...... the gas pain is the worst bit...... try not to sit up too much in hospital, because it escapes to the highest point...therefore the flatter you lie, the more comfy you are. I still am very tired, but getting up for a walk every 1/2 hour or so...then back for a nana nap! I will post again when my stamina increases......... luv ya's all!!

Karen,

I am so glad you are home and doing well. That gas is a weird thing. If I lay fleat I felt like all of the gas pressure went to my chest, so I was more comfortable sitting up. Isn't it amazing how our bodies are all so different. Get lots of rest!! We look forward to hearing about your progress.

I was banded last wed. All went well. I wanted to post sooner, but I've been sooooo tired since the surgery. Today was my first day up and around for very long. I actually did some driving, I have been losing a pound a day since banding. I start the "looks like baby food stage" tomorrow. Anyone have any good ideas or recipies for that stage? I'm so glad everyone is doing well. I'm really glad I did this. Actually, what I'm really thinking is (I can't believe what I just did!) :)

WTG Karen and Janet! Glad to hear you are both doing well!

Janet, I bought baby food fruits and the DR told me to puree eggs, shrimp, tuna or chicken with a lil low fat mayo like egg salad and try that. To me it sounds like a good thing to try. I am to be banded next tuesday, so of course I have no idea about this stuff for real yet. I bet Amy (renewdhope) can help you out there!

Amy how are you feeling? I still can't get over you went to Walmart the day after surgery!

Best Wishes all!

Amy is feeling great!!! I went to my post op Dr appointment yesterday. My surgeon said that I look great!! I can start lifting my baby again, walking at the gym, and whatever else I feel like doing. I can't lift anything heavier than my son. (18lb, 9oz).

I started mushies yesterday. Here is what I like so far.

ffsf pudding

fat free refried Beans with 1TBSP ff sour cream(very yummy and good source of protein)

I had a soft scrambled egg and grits for supper last night. I was amazed!! After a few bites of grits and about 1/2 egg I was full!! and stayed full!! I did have a little more gas last night.

I bought tuna and ff mayo, but haven't tried that yet.

I love banana baby food, but after looking at the calories and amount of sugar in them, I decided to steer clear of baby food. My baby needs all those calories and sugar I guess, but I am trying to stay between 500 and 800 calories, and I didn't want to spend that many at once. Same thing for applesauce.

I feel like I have a new lease on life and it's only mushies. LOL

We are going to trunk or treat at church tonight and they are having a hamburger/hot dog cook out. I love hamburgers, but I would be scared to death to cheat at this point. I don't want to mess up my band.

Well 4 more nights for me. God this week went so slow! Just wish the 6th would get here so I could get this over with!

Wonder how Karen is doing?

Hows everyone else doing??

Went for my final weigh in today I lost another 13 pounds since sept 26th, that makes 43 since Aug 9th. Not too bad. Wanted 50, but will take the 43!

Best Wishes!

hey guys - I am going well, the lap band wounds are easy peezy, and have started to get my energy back. Have also lost 3 kgs since Monday - gotta love that. I spoke to Dr D. thurs arvo about my shoulder tip pain, not everyone gets it - just the lucky few!! and it should be gone in a few more days..... I just need to lie flat. It happens when some gas escapes (they pump your tummy full of gas for the op) toward your diaphragm, unfortunatly that is also where the nerves for your shoulder are - so even though the gas is only at diaphragm height the pain is in the highest point on my shoulder. Have had no problem with any fluids - except soluable panadol - go figure!! two sips of that, and I started feeling like I was gunna hurl, so went back to tablets cut in half. How is everyone else doin? we gotta get some action back on this board baby!!

I feel fine. Maybe too good. I am very frustrated with myself. I have been HORRIBLE today. I started out pretty good, but this evenin I have eaten several pieces of my son's Haloween candy. I also at a couple of bites of caramel popcorn and 2 jars of baby food meat sticks. I am on mushies, so the meat sticks might not be toooo bad, but OMG!!!!! i can't mess this up, and now I am no longer in ketosis, so I am starving!! I feel like I could eat a house. I guess the swelling is down. First fill is November 20. I am going to get my act together starting right now!! I feel bloated and gassy. I don't hink I hurt my band, I sure hopw not. It has been so long since I have eaten junk I can really tell. I feel that sugar hangover and I don't like it!! Ok, I confessed, now I am going to get back with the program.!!

Karen SOOO glad to see you post! I was starting to get worried! I'm glad everything (minus the sholder pain) is going well!

I am nervous as all hell and can't wait to get this over with!

Amy, don't beat yourself up, I am sure everyone has bad days now and then. The good thing is that you are getting back on track! I do believe the meat sticks are good for you, I ooked into them as well and have a few jars for after my surgery.

Yesterday was my final weigh in and I guess I figured I could go wild and eat what I wanted...Well needless to say I was sick all night and today still feel like uuuggggg. I almost believe that I could stick to this liquid diet without the surgery for the reat of my life about 98% sure BUT it's that 2% that makes me realize I better do it just in case. I have come to far not to finish this journey!

Good Luck all!

Yeah for the 2%!!!! 'cause I know how devastated you would be, to wake up 1 year from now, and find yourself back at the start, or heavier.....................you will be fantastic I am sure!! Make sure you post as soon as you can, and be kind to yourself!!! We all have a last supper or three - I even went to a restaurant with hubby and had bruscetta, oysters kilpatrick, reef & beef, and wine........... then got back into my band headspace ready for surgery - Big hugs!! Luv K

Well tomorrows the day...I am terrifed, but I can do this! Can't wait for it to be over!

Have to be at hospital at 9am for 11am surgery.:phanvan