Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first 2 days of the pre op gastric bypass.

I am on the milk diet..basically slim fast diet for 2 weeks. It's only my second day and to be honest I'm missing eating ...is this natural ? Because I work from home food has always been around and I've had to be so disciplined. I feel so down does this get any better ? I just need some guidance and support if you could give me some support it will be welcome.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using the BariatricPal App

I didn't want to scroll by and say nothing. Though I haven't had my surgery yet mine is scheduled for 1/3/17. I'm trying to change my eating now. Let me tell you this part isn't easy so I know yours is extremely hard. I heard it does get better. There is a Mexico Bariatric Facebook group too. You don't have to be a patient to join (from what I read) but there are a lot of really nice people from all over the world that see the posts and answer (hope that helps)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am on the milk diet..basically slim fast diet for 2 weeks. It's only my second day and to be honest I'm missing eating ...is this natural ? Because I work from home food has always been around and I've had to be so disciplined. I feel so down does this get any better ? I just need some guidance and support if you could give me some support it will be welcome.

Thanks

Hi. I am 1 week post-op and know exactly what you're feeling! It doesn't help that my boyfriend is an amazing cook and grill master so it was pretty torturous the first week, however, stick to it! Maybe mix up your diet a bit. I found this Protein powder by Body Fitness that has 30gm PER SCOOP. I get the vanilla...mix it with almond/coconut milk...applescauce...apple pie spice and bit it in my Ninja. It tastes just like apple pie Ala mode! Get some vegetable Soups and put it in a Ninja or whatever you're using and it's great at comforting your savory craving! Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by G8rgrl72

Even though it was a million years ago now (ok, slight exaggeration - 8.5 years, lol), it's COMPLETELY natural. Drinking every meal is NOT natural. BUT, remember that you have a teeny tiny pouch right now and while you might be tempted to eat something, you could cause yourself a lot of physical pain or damage if you do.

Honestly, I remember how difficult it was, but after you get through this, you'll realize you were a lot tougher than you thought you were. :)

Hi G8rgrl72, I know it feels so hard right now. But everything you are doing now will help with your surgery to begin with. It is used to shrink your liver which in turn makes your surgery go easier. When they move your liver around to do the surgery it can make it bleed so the smaller liver is easier to work with. Also this Preop diet is a way to prepare you for how you will need to eat postop. Anything you can do to prepare yourself for what is to come is very important. Also know that postop you won't have to deal with the physical hunger. Now the surgery doesn't fix our minds sad but true. But you can do this. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!! Think of how much you want this journey!! Good Luck

Thanks

I am on day three of drinking high Protein slim fast. I do get a small lean meat and veggie meal at lunch. I found out that I eat when I'm bored and that was a lot because I'm disabled. But, it has gotten easier for me it seems. My sister gave me great advice, don't worry about yesterday or the next day. Just worry about today. Hope it gets better for you.