Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bandsters Progress

pooh - I will sip and eat a cracker is what I have heard for the fills. Next tuesday, cant wait. Go to my first support meeting monday night. I can eat more than I want right now. I am trying real hard to eat 1/2 cup and not drink. The not drinking is the worst part to me.

:bounce:I dont expect to have a good restriction the first fill. Still... better than before banding. Keep losing everyone.

I m having the worst time eating just 1/2 cup! Is anyone else in this boat? And I feel like I keep eating all the wrong foods when I am eating! I have actually gained some weight and am getting very frustrated!:rolleyes My first fill is October 27th. Is anyone else in this same boat???

I can eat more than a half a cup too, I have no restriction and no fill until December 20! It is all will power and I will do it! Another diet is how I am looking at it. Try to choose the right bandster foods, you can do this. My dr also said that it is very likely that I will gain before my fill, so it might be the same case for you too. Hang in there missy!

Well I don't know what is wrong with me, but I have been at the same weight for 2 weeks now. I just started solids on Friday & still haven't been eating much. Today has been the first day that I have wanted to eat any and everything :hungry:, but I am fighting the urges!! I am getting really P***ed off!!! What am I doing wrong???!!!!!:help:

I can eat more than a half a cup too, I have no restriction and no fill until December 20! It is all will power and I will do it! Another diet is how I am looking at it. Try to choose the right bandster foods, you can do this. My dr also said that it is very likely that I will gain before my fill, so it might be the same case for you too. Hang in there missy!

Thank you! And you too! I agree, this is feeling just like a diet right now which is what I thought I was avoiding from this surgery! :eek: But, I hope that after my fill I will begin to feel more in control. We can do this (now, I just need to believe that!!! LOL)

My first fill was fine. I barely felt the needle, couldnt see him do it, had my arms above my head. I am on liquids today, and HUNGRY but I am going to bed soon, I get mushies tomorrow. Cant wait. I reailize I wasnt letting my stomach get hungry enough before the fill. I am scheduled to go back in 5 weeks, doc said but that is what they scheduled me for. I didnt know that he will schedule them every six weeks unless I dont need one, then I guess i wait another 6 weeks if I skip one. :faint: I was enjoying the food too much and not waiting until I was hungry. This is a good wake up call. I got the hiccups really strong and loud tonight after a Protein Drink. I guess I drank it too fast. It was 8 oz of ff milk and a scoop of vanilla Protein. I dont expect a big difference with the first fill but I am hoping for less hunger between meals. HAS anyone conquered the "head hunger" and just missing eating ? If it wasnt for all the little 1/2 cup container I have, I would forget how much to eat and just keep going. Love to hear any pointers out there. Some of you already have LOTS of weigh lost. Congrats ! Hope to move my ticker this week. Good luck everyone.

I was thinking this was going to be a miracle cure, but it's not working out that way. I still have to watch what I'm eating, which I at first I thought I could avoid.

BUT. I was leaving the doctor's today, disappointed that I haven't lost as much as I thought I would, when it hit me: 25 pounds in a little less than 2 months. That's 1/2 what I lost in a whole year when I was on Atkins (my most successful, to-date diet.)

If I can keep on with 2-3/per week, then I'm doing GREAT! And, I see a lot of you have lost weight, and we're not at restriction yet...

Just hang in there! The best is yet to come!

Keep up the good work, September Bandsters! Go US!!!! :eek:

my first fill is a week from today. i'm still at 35 lbs lost

but i'm getting into some clothes i haven't seen in a longggg

time. they're even baggy on me now which is just unbelievable!

we can do this. It is written in all the threads on here. The more you need to lose the faster the first pounds come off. I am definitely eating a lot less than I use to eat and it hasnt been painful. I just have the head thing to get over and I am sure that takes a long time. Eating out is hard for me, I am scared to eat a salad. That will definitely have to be done at home first. After sliming thurs I dont want to try any new foods away from home. It is sure saving me some money eating out. I am okay too about the 1-2 pounds a week. That is still great, exactly what this band is suppose to do. I just keep remembering what someone on here said. Look at that preop weight and know you will never see that again. YEA. Lose, Lose, Lose everyone ! Dieting isnt so hard if you dont feel hungry all the time.:clap2: