Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bandsters Progress

I'm fearing the PBing too...but if you watch your intake, there's no reason you should PB. Guess time will tell! ;)

Hello All! I was banded on 9/11 and today is my 8th day post op and I feel WONDERFUL! At first I did have some issues though. I do have a history of reflux and they put me on prilosec over the counter pills one a day when I was discharged. Between those and the Vicodin that they gave me for pain I think I was causing myself problems. It hurt to swallow them and I would have chest pain for hours afterwards. It seemed like I could feel my band in my chest.. if that makes any sense. SO, I called the Dr. and got switched to Prevacid Solutabs instead and if I needed a vicodin, I crushed it up and put it in SF pudding. That made all the difference in the world! Now, I think I am well on the way to a nicely healing band.

I was banded on 9/13. Everyone is different I guess but the worse part for me was the gas pains along my shoulder blade. Incisions haven't been bad at all. My port is above my left breast and has been a little tender but not bad.

Dr has me on Clear liquids until tomorrow and then full liquids.< /p>

Patsy

419.5/390/5/382.4/170

Highest/surgery day/current/goal

I've never known the port to be so high...that's interesting! Glad everything is going well since your surgery! My incisions are MUCH better. I'm actually able to bend over...can't quite tie my shoes yet. I guess if I lifted my leg up on a seat I could do it...but I'd rather wear flip flops and sandals on these last few days before it gets cold out!

I was banded on 9/13 - All went very well. I have had no issues really. Not much gas pain, no throwing up, a little regular burping and definitely some incision discomfort but other than that I feel great. I was very disappointed that I gained 8 pounds during my overnight hospital stay! I guess IV fluids, etc. I was really bummed! But I am happy to say that I have lost the 8 plus another 4 pounds since then and I am feeling very confident! I am never hungry and in fact I am a little worried because I hardly eat anything. I am on liquids and yesterday all I did was drink Water, crystal light and I had a liquid yogurt. I dont think I am getting enough Protein. I just dont think I should eat if I am not hungry! Its amazing I feel so noninterested in food! It's like I dont want to eat because I know I can't eat! Hope the feeling sticks around for a while! I am going for post-op appt tomorrow...going to ask about Protein Shakes and powders. Good luck all!

The high port is something the doctors in Albany, GA came up with. They said it makes it easier for a fill - don't have to have x-rays cause they can get right to it. I think all of them in Albany are doing it that way.

I just read that I can have yogurt and puddings when I start full liquids tomorrow so that will be nice although I am not hungry - I just get tired of sipping all day long. Yogurt and pudding will at least come from a spoon.

Patsy

Dr Burnette in Albany, GA on 9/13/07

i was banded on sept. 6th. no throwing up or anything... gas was bad esp. in shoulders... my dr. said that it reflects up there. i don't understand it but it hurt like hell. that was the most pain...

on tuesday i had my first post op appt. and he said i've done great.

then thursday i had a itch rash develop around 2 of my 5 tiny taped incisions... i called & they said i was having a reaction to the silver strips and to remove them so i did. i thought if i was going to have a reacton i'd have had it before then but they said everyone's different. i'm allergic to all jewelry and can't even wear jeans cuz of the snap thingy... it breaks me out! so i should have known...

i'm on soft foods now. for me, the hardest thing is waiting a half hr to drink.

Kellymovingon - Thanks for thinking about me! I am doing much better. Just took it real easy. I had terrible gas pain and nausea, doing much better. Going to even attempt wal-mart today with hubby and kids! Wish me luck! Are you nervous yet? The only advice I can give is walk walk walk..even if you don't feel like it. It helps move the gas so easily!

banded sept 7th. baby food now and creamy Soups, pureed food. I decided devil ham with light mayo is my fav thing to eat so far. I was craving meat! one more week to the soft vegetables. Constipation is the only real prob lately. I still have trouble drinking enough fluids, anyone else?

Well, I am banded.

How long until I feel normal again? All I have been doing is sleeping, taking pain meds, sipping Water and trying to drink Protein shakes. the nutritionist wants me to eat 1000 calories a day, plus 64 ounces of Water and a snack in between. I can't even hardly get the 70 grams of Protein in each day.

I was hoping to go to work on Tuesday because I have a 2 day training, but I am not feeling like I will be able to at this point.

Anyone go back to work 5 days after surgery?

i went to work on the monday following my surgery day...friday! everyone is different...i didn't wanna baby myself, so i was constantly up and making sure i could get my liquids in

I went back to light duty today and still felt sore around the port with driving and sitting at a desk. Take it easy if you can, just keep walking and walking though.