Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all. I'm one week Post op. Where do I start. Well the day of surgery I was pretty out of it and really tired from the anesthesia and pain meds. My doctors and nurses kept me really comfortable with my pain. I had to have an upper GI study before I was able to drink anything. Unfortunately my system was moving really slowly, so I had to have the upper GI done three times until things finally started to move along. My second time doing the GI, I fainted, but thankfully the doctor caught me lol. After things were good, I was finally able to do ice chips and I couldn't of been happier. After the ice chips, I started to do Water. The next day after surgery I was able to do sugarfree Popsicles, and broth. I really didn't care to much for eating or drinking because I was to tired, but they wouldn't discharge me until I was able to drink 4oz of water in a hour. My pain was bad, but thankfully they were keeping it controlled. The gas pain was horrible. The worst part for me was getting in and out of bed, that is when it hurt the most. When getting home I felt a level of regret, but just kept reminding myself why I'm doing this. I was doing Protein Shakes, sugarfree Jello, sugar free Popsicles, and broth. I was doing good for the first three days, but after that I started to feel nauseous more which made me sad lol. I've been taking my water in perfectly even though I feel like I'm starting to hate the taste now lol. I have now been able to add sugar free pudding, low fat yogurt, egg beaters, cottage cheese, and refried Beans to my diet. Well I'm not a bean and cottage cheese kind of person, but I was so excited after doing liquids for so long. I tried beans with ms.dash seasoning and it was a fail! They were so nasty. I then tried the egg beaters with the ms dash seasoning and again I threw it in the trash. It sucks! I don't know what to do because the stuff they tell me to eat does not appeal to me and I get nauseous thinking about them. It's definitely been more of a struggle for me then I thought it would be. I had a minnie break down today and just cried. I have been so tempted to eat solid food, but I know the dangers, so I just sat in the shower and cried. It's definitely hard when the rest of your family can enjoy what they like and your just there by yourself not able to. As for pain now it's pretty much controlled by my pain meds except for the gas pain. The gas pain definitely sucks still, but I just been using the heating pad for it. My incisions are healing fine, it's just really the mental/emotional thing I'm struggling with. I also notice I have to brush my teeth constantly because I have a nasty taste in my mouth. Besides this long post I can say I'm taking it one day at a time trying to make it to the end lol.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Hey all. I'm one week Post op. Where do I start. Well the day of surgery I was pretty out of it and really tired from the anesthesia and pain meds. My doctors and nurses kept me really comfortable with my pain. I had to have an upper GI study before I was able to drink anything. Unfortunately my system was moving really slowly, so I had to have the upper GI done three times until things finally started to move along. My second time doing the GI, I fainted, but thankfully the doctor caught me lol. After things were good, I was finally able to do ice chips and I couldn't of been happier. After the ice chips, I started to do Water. The next day after surgery I was able to do sugarfree Popsicles, and broth. I really didn't care to much for eating or drinking because I was to tired, but they wouldn't discharge me until I was able to drink 4oz of Water in a hour. My pain was bad, but thankfully they were keeping it controlled. The gas pain was horrible. The worst part for me was getting in and out of bed, that is when it hurt the most. When getting home I felt a level of regret, but just kept reminding myself why I'm doing this. I was doing Protein shakes, sugarfree Jello, sugar free Popsicles, and broth. I was doing good for the first three days, but after that I started to feel nauseous more which made me sad lol. I've been taking my water in perfectly even though I feel like I'm starting to hate the taste now lol. I have now been able to add sugar free pudding, low fat yogurt, egg beaters, cottage cheese, and refried Beans to my diet. Well I'm not a bean and cottage cheese kind of person, but I was so excited after doing liquids for so long. I tried Beans with ms.dash seasoning and it was a fail! They were so nasty. I then tried the egg beaters with the ms dash seasoning and again I threw it in the trash. It sucks! I don't know what to do because the stuff they tell me to eat does not appeal to me and I get nauseous thinking about them. It's definitely been more of a struggle for me then I thought it would be. I had a minnie break down today and just cried. I have been so tempted to eat solid food, but I know the dangers, so I just sat in the shower and cried. It's definitely hard when the rest of your family can enjoy what they like and your just there by yourself not able to. As for pain now it's pretty much controlled by my pain meds except for the gas pain. The gas pain definitely sucks still, but I just been using the heating pad for it. My incisions are healing fine, it's just really the mental/emotional thing I'm struggling with. I also notice I have to brush my teeth constantly because I have a nasty taste in my mouth. Besides this long post I can say I'm taking it one day at a time trying to make it to the end lol.

Hang in there. I don't know if you're a fish person but you can have pureed tuna with low fat mayo. Also tilapia or flounder are light flaky fish you can eat.You can do the same with canned chicken, puree it and add low fat mayo. You need lean Protein. you can try adding protein to pudding or Jello. I add cacao powder to take the bite out of the pea protein in pudding. You need to have protein. you can have egg whites with a little cheese. You can boil chicken or turkey in broth and puree it. Think consistency of baby food. No sugar, low fat , and carbs under 5 grams. You want your body to stay in ketosis, where the body burns fat for energy. let me know what you like and maybe we can find something you might be able to eat. Its gonna suck for a while but you took the first step towards your goal so its up to you now. There's not limits to what you can achieve.You are your only limit.

Hey all. I'm one week Post op. Where do I start. Well the day of surgery I was pretty out of it and really tired from the anesthesia and pain meds. My doctors and nurses kept me really comfortable with my pain. I had to have an upper GI study before I was able to drink anything. Unfortunately my system was moving really slowly, so I had to have the upper GI done three times until things finally started to move along. My second time doing the GI, I fainted, but thankfully the doctor caught me lol. After things were good, I was finally able to do ice chips and I couldn't of been happier. After the ice chips, I started to do Water. The next day after surgery I was able to do sugarfree Popsicles, and broth. I really didn't care to much for eating or drinking because I was to tired, but they wouldn't discharge me until I was able to drink 4oz of Water in a hour. My pain was bad, but thankfully they were keeping it controlled. The gas pain was horrible. The worst part for me was getting in and out of bed, that is when it hurt the most. When getting home I felt a level of regret, but just kept reminding myself why I'm doing this. I was doing Protein shakes, sugarfree Jello, sugar free Popsicles, and broth. I was doing good for the first three days, but after that I started to feel nauseous more which made me sad lol. I've been taking my water in perfectly even though I feel like I'm starting to hate the taste now lol. I have now been able to add sugar free pudding, low fat yogurt, egg beaters, cottage cheese, and refried Beans to my diet. Well I'm not a bean and cottage cheese kind of person, but I was so excited after doing liquids for so long. I tried Beans with ms.dash seasoning and it was a fail! They were so nasty. I then tried the egg beaters with the ms dash seasoning and again I threw it in the trash. It sucks! I don't know what to do because the stuff they tell me to eat does not appeal to me and I get nauseous thinking about them. It's definitely been more of a struggle for me then I thought it would be. I had a minnie break down today and just cried. I have been so tempted to eat solid food, but I know the dangers, so I just sat in the shower and cried. It's definitely hard when the rest of your family can enjoy what they like and your just there by yourself not able to. As for pain now it's pretty much controlled by my pain meds except for the gas pain. The gas pain definitely sucks still, but I just been using the heating pad for it. My incisions are healing fine, it's just really the mental/emotional thing I'm struggling with. I also notice I have to brush my teeth constantly because I have a nasty taste in my mouth. Besides this long post I can say I'm taking it one day at a time trying to make it to the end lol.

Hang in there. I don't know if you're a fish person but you can have pureed tuna with low fat mayo. Also tilapia or flounder are light flaky fish you can eat.You can do the same with canned chicken, puree it and add low fat mayo. You need lean Protein. you can try adding protein to pudding or Jello. I add cacao powder to take the bite out of the pea protein in pudding. You need to have protein. you can have egg whites with a little cheese. You can boil chicken or turkey in broth and puree it. Think consistency of baby food. No sugar, low fat , and carbs under 5 grams. You want your body to stay in ketosis, where the body burns fat for energy. let me know what you like and maybe we can find something you might be able to eat. Its gonna suck for a while but you took the first step towards your goal so its up to you now. There's not limits to what you can achieve.You are your only limit.
Thanks. All the stuff you mentioned sounds great and it is in my diet plan, but not until I'm 3 weeks post op. I'm only a week Post-op, do you think it matters if I start it now?

Thanks. All the stuff you mentioned sounds great and it is in my diet plan, but not until I'm 3 weeks post op. I'm only a week Post-op, do you think it matters if I start it now?

Maybe just the cheese part.lol. I was sleeved Oct. 4th. As long as its the consistency of baby food I dont know why you can do it now. Just take it slow and you might have to add a little water to it. I drink unsweetend nut milk and use it for the pudding. If you go on Walmart online they have "Active Protein" -1 0z=15grams of protein.Some type of drink kinda like "pro-stat" but not as expensive. The main objective is protein and water. Crystal light, Diet snapple anything no sugar for drinks)thats your liquids and your liquids are also jello and ice pops, sugar free of course.There are sugar free fudge pops but they're 40 calories so go easy if you wanna have a little cheat/treat. I know you're getting bored with just Protein Shakes so mix it up a bit and slowly introduce new foods. Google is my best friend. Look up meals for first week post op. We're not the only ones doing this. Take a breath. Relax. You're doing the right thing for you. I'm here if you need.

Cool, I'll do that. Thank you.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/378999-recipes-menus/#entry4281968