Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved for conversion to bypass!

My doctor told me today that I am going to need a revision to rny from sleeve due to severe reflux. I have been on Nexium and Zantac for 2 years and he says it is not for long term use. I was already revised from band to sleeve 2 years ago, also due to reflux. I am scared to death. He gave me a month to think about it. Please let me know if this revision works for reflux. Also, I became lactose intolerant when I had my sleeve surgery, so I also wonder if maybe rny would reverse that also?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@bearhugs1975 So sorry to hear that things are not going well for you. The conversion to bypass absolutely cured my reflux. I am glad you are taking some time to think about it. It's a difficult surgery. It is more complicated than the sleeve, and the recovery has been so different from my first surgery. The two incisions on the left side hurt! Just prepare yourself for a little bit harder recovery than before. It's definitely worth it, though. I still have a long way to go, but now I am free of the reflux, and the pain from the surgery is temporary. I wish you all the best. Keep us posted on how things go for you!

Hi! I had sleeve 6/2014,revised to RNY 10/2016. Have lived on protonix, omeprazole etc for over 13yrs. Before revision, couldnt eat a hard boiled egg without being sick! Now, amazing difference. Have been off ALL reflux meds and no Heartburn or reflux whatsoever!! So glad I converted. Not a. Easy decision for me either, but came down to not even being able to eat to live!

Good luck and msg me if any questions...

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Ok all... One question.. For those who have had the revision to RNY do you experience tons of gas? Bad... also in the bathroom alot.... my family is ready to throw me out! Lol

@@rlinda72 yes, the gas is bad. I stay constipated, though. Trying to figure out a laxative that isn't awful (Miralax is what the surgeon gave me, but it makes my mouth feel like I have been drinking sea water). Sometimes I grab a can of air freshener and have it close by if the gas gets too bad...sucks, but I guess it can't be perfect, LOL.

@@bearhugs1975 So sorry to hear that things are not going well for you. The conversion to bypass absolutely cured my reflux. I am glad you are taking some time to think about it. It's a difficult surgery. It is more complicated than the sleeve, and the recovery has been so different from my first surgery. The two incisions on the left side hurt! Just prepare yourself for a little bit harder recovery than before. It's definitely worth it, though. I still have a long way to go, but now I am free of the reflux, and the pain from the surgery is temporary. I wish you all the best. Keep us posted on how things go for you!

Awesome to hear linda. I was sleeved 11.2013 and just revised on the 27th for a twist and hiatal hernia repair. I am having diharrea but other than that no issues. Oh and the gas pain sitting in my right shoulder driving me nuts !!!

Hi! I had sleeve 6/2014,revised to RNY 10/2016. Have lived on protonix, omeprazole etc for over 13yrs. Before revision, couldnt eat a hard boiled egg without being sick! Now, amazing difference. Have been off ALL reflux meds and no Heartburn or reflux whatsoever!! So glad I converted. Not a. Easy decision for me either, but came down to not even being able to eat to live!

Good luck and msg me if any questions...

foreverbariatric

Sent from my GalaxyNote4 using the App

How are you all that already had the revision feeling? I go on the 23rd for mine.

I am feeling good! My weight is steadily coming off again and I have great restriction. I was not sleeping great for a while over Christmas, and fought with the same 4 pounds for about 3 weeks! As soon as I turned off the TV at night and started sleeping better, the weight is moving again in the right direction. I hope your surgery goes well; keep us posted!

How are you all that already had the revision feeling? I go on the 23rd for mine.

amazing...this is sooooooo much better than the band!

I am feeling good! My weight is steadily coming off again and I have great restriction. I was not sleeping great for a while over Christmas, and fought with the same 4 pounds for about 3 weeks! As soon as I turned off the TV at night and started sleeping better, the weight is moving again in the right direction. I hope your surgery goes well; keep us posted!

Yay I am so glad to hear that. I know I am having the revision done because of a medical necessity, but I am excited at the possibility of losing more weight. I will keep you all posted! I am glad you are all doing well with your recovery and weightloss!

Yay I am so glad to hear that. I know I am having the revision done because of a medical necessity, but I am excited at the possibility of losing more weight. I will keep you all posted! I am glad you are all doing well with your recovery and weightloss!