Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a difference a week makes!

On Tuesday, I'll be 4 weeks post op. I got to go to mushie foods this week and what a difference from full liquids! I no longer feel like I am going to chew my own arm off from hunger.

Also, in terms of soreness, every week just gets better.

So for those of you just a few days out, keep this in mind. I was miserable and even regretted my decision to have the surgery at first, but that feeling is usually only temporary.

I'm also no longer tempted to stuff my face once my sleeve is full. Before, I would just keep snacking and snacking even after I was full. I can be around potato chips and not even want one (plus at this stage it would probably hurt like hell and damage my stomach), but I honestly don't even want them! I can't believe it!

Amazing!

Thanks for sharing! I'm just starting to the mushie transition, and am relieved to hear this. I went back too work this week (too early) and it kicked my @$$.

Looking forward to coming out of this regret stage.

Thanks for your post. I'm one week post op and I'm ready to be done with liquids.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@rolosmom7 why do you feel it kicked your @$$? Hunger? Tired? Pain?

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

Mostly tired. A bit of pain, I have a desk job but our building is a mile long, so walking to and from meetings is always a hustle. That caused some pain to flare up. Also, I have endometriosis and since the surgery it has been acting up HORRIBLY.

I worked half days and came home and crashed into a 3-4 hour nap.

Thanks @@rolosmom7 I own my own biz and hoping to get sleeved and goI right back to work. So many say it's OK after 2 weeks. Yeah I get to sit at desk, but get to walk around (dog hotel). Everyone tells me it's good to get up and walk hourly. I have been working 7 days a week for 10 years so used to not napping and hoping that I will be fine. Thanks

Thanks - it definitely sucks when your whole midsection is misbehaving. If say 2 weeks is fine, especially if you're just walking. Mine is more like jogging to and fro. And dogs heal everything [emoji190] [emoji190]

Edited by rolosmom7

Get scared of walking on gravel outdoors. That's brutal without surgery, let alone with. It shifts body and makes things ache when busy.

Thanks for sharing! I'm just starting to the mushie transition, and am relieved to hear this. I went back too work this week (too early) and it kicked my @$$.

Looking forward to coming out of this regret stage.

Totally normal, apparently, and especially with endo. I hope you get your energy back soon!

Edited by Browneyedgirl41

Thanks for your post. I'm one week post op and I'm ready to be done with liquids.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

One week is still pretty rough. Hang in there!