Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

During surgery, is it mandatory.....

to wear those confining stockings to ward off blood clots. I have heard people speak of those things and I think I would hate being restricted by them. I know they are to prevent blood clots, but think I would rather die of a blood clot than wear those (God forbid), just kidding:bounce:

Marieze

I knew they were there for all of 2 seconds and then I was out cold :notagree:notagree:notagree:notagree:notagree But for those 2 seconds they felt really good.

When I woke up in recovery they were gone. Are you spending the night in the hospital or are you in and out of a clinic?

Do I know your name from the Atkins Friends board?

I am just starting the journey as I have submitted my application and haven't even met with the doctor yet. I would, however, like to stay at least one night in the hospital.

I asked the question as I am claustrophobic and from the pix I saw of those stockings, they look like they would be difficult to "peel" off!

Marieze

Oh, those stockings! Pulling them up on my legs was the hardest part of my surgery! I hadn't been able to get on panty hose in years...or tie my own shoes, for god's sake!! How was I supposed to get those things on?? But I did and then I was unconscious and then I was awake and they were gone. No biggy!

I didn't have the socks. For my surgery they put compression cuffs on my legs which were just velcroed on. They were off when I woke up in recovery.

Hi! We didn't have to wear the socks or stockings but they put the air cuffs on and they felt really good. Like a massage or something. They were a little noisy though.

I had a transformer bariatric bed - it was so cool. The nurse would push the buttons and it would slowly reshape itself to a big chair that you could slide out of with the side bars. Only problem was that only half of the staff could figure out how it worked. It was an adventure to be sure!

shelli:D

Do I know your name from the Atkins Friends board?

I am just starting the journey as I have submitted my application and haven't even met with the doctor yet. I would, however, like to stay at least one night in the hospital.

I asked the question as I am claustrophobic and from the pix I saw of those stockings, they look like they would be difficult to "peel" off!

Marieze

Hmmm, maybe there is more than one of me out there? I may have joined at one time, but it is not a board I am active in. But now you have me curious, so I am heading over there ASAP :eek:

I didn't have to put on socks, they must have put the compression cuffs on me too, but they did put a sock like material on first (I guess for sanitation and comfort reasons) so I hope we are talking about the same thing.