Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Read this and learn from my embarrassing mistake...

I am two months post op (just about) and have been doing really well. No cheating and losing the weight I want to be losing.

However, we were just on vacation for a week, and while I did well on vacation, on the way home my daughter wanted chicken nuggets... So, I ordered a cheeseburger... I'm not doing a ton of carbs (haha!) so I got rid of the bread and just ate the burger. Then I had way too many fries.

Well, let me just say, having not had much grease in my diet for the past 2 months caused a REVOLTING stomach issue.

I won't go into details....but it was public, foul and the most embarrassing experience of my life.

DON"T do this to yourself...a burger and fries are just not worth it!!!

Rain

I tried to have a few bites of my kids nuggets a month or two after surgery and had a horrible sliming episode. I have eaten lean ground beef burgers with wheat Buns (bottom only) and not had any issues. I dont know that I would be brave enough to eat a McDonalds burger... and I dont think it would keep me full long.

As for fries i dont even bother. Some days I can eat one or two, others one is enough to do me in so its just not worth it!

I had a horrible sliming episode at work a few weeks ago and my boss was trying to talk to me. She at least asked if I wasnt feeling well but as she continued talking I could only nod my head in response to her questions. I didnt think she would ever walk away so I could spit!

Ragdoll--That is horrible about your boss. We both live in the DFW area. Sounds like you work for the same horrible boss I did. I worked(now retired) for the electric company. Is that where u work---lol. I wish you had just slimed on her. That would really teach a lesson.

Claramae.....I cant get the PM to work or I'd PM you.....do you by any chance live in Farmersville? (If you'd rather not disclose, I certainly understand)

:faint:After surgery i found i cant handle greasy food very well either... (this is a good thing though)... But i also found i have a hard time with potatoes, bread and soda.

:rolleyes: Does anyone have a hard time with pineapple... its the craziest thing i can maybe if lucky have 1 small chunk of pineapple and im done... the band is sometimes so fussy..

Hi ladies,

I haven't had the PB thing yet...This was far more embarrassing... :rolleyes:

I did try to eat an English Muffin (last day of vacation...only food left in the house were carbs) and that WAS NOT pretty... it hurt so bad, I thought I would cry...or vomit.

Oh, and so far pineapple has been fine. It's a bit fiberous...so perhaps that is why you are having trouble with it?

:)

Rain

:faint:After surgery i found i cant handle greasy food very well either... (this is a good thing though)... But i also found i have a hard time with potatoes, bread and soda.

:rolleyes: Does anyone have a hard time with pineapple... its the craziest thing i can maybe if lucky have 1 small chunk of pineapple and im done... the band is sometimes so fussy..

I can't do potatoes either, the starch maybe?? Bread... it's evil as are eggs. Soda... It hurts, I don't bother and I don't miss it much.

Pineapple... My guess is that is that it is stringy like celery. Try chopping it up verrrry fine so there are not long strings and that might help. Pineapple juice is great if you are stuck.