Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ September Chat

Awww c'mon Sherry, we know you have nothing better to do than retype your post!!!!! Lucky for me, I read it first in my email notification, which did not have all the "extras"!!!! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself, be careful with your blisters, they infect easily!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTY---WE LOVE YOU AND HOPE IT IS A GREAT ONE!!!!!!

Well we were supposed to have a party here today but it is raining, I tried moving it to a restaurant, and pissed off the family---I swear I cannot win with them!!! I had no idea all this time that I controlled the weather---just imagine!!!! Better go see if I can do any damage control---wish me luck!

Kat

Awww...Happiest of Birthdays to Betty!!!

Good Morning Y'all!

Awwww, thank y'all so much for all the B-day wishes. It's so nice to have such good friends!

I had a wonderful B-day, our neighbors came over and we bbq'd, I ate too much and had a few too many to drink, but it was a great time. My dh made my whole weekend very special and you all just tripled it!

Kat - You sure have a lot of patience! I think I would have just said I have made the plans already and if anyone wants to change them then they can be in charge!

Sherry - Please watch those blisters, they can turn bad so quick. Take care of them!

Gosh, I can't remember what anyone said now and I am on a new screen so I can't look back!

Good Morning Eileen, Pat, Darcy, Mary, Patty, Beanie, Chrispy, Mandy, Cindy, Diane, and anyone else that I might have missed. You know as you get older the first thing that goes is the mind!

Gotta run, it is almost time to leave and I'm not even dressed yet!

Thanks again my friends!

Happy Belated Birthday, Betty!

Just popping in to say "Welcome Back, Sherry and Chrispy!" Glad you loved the Dole Whips...they are great, huh? I got blisters, too...there are some great ways to avoid those, but I forget sometimes.

I've just been doing my normal running around...this week we're getting ready for the school's 50th anniversary, so there's plenty going on!

Glad to see YOU, Pat! I love your new pic!

Hugs all around,

Cindy

Hi all!!! I'm home. I have spent the last 11 days walking my butt off. I managed to eat everything in WDW and not gain any weight. We had a horrible flight home, but the trip was just about perfect. Abi got to meet Captain Jack Sparrow, and she whispered to him that he was HOTT and he was her boyfriend. He actually blushed, and said " thanks for the confession love" She was in heaven. Then he leaned down and said he was going to tell her a pirate secret and he gave her a kiss on the cheek. She is still talking about that!! I have to admit he is HOTT!!! We did the pirate tutorial and he pull Abi out of the crowd to sword fight with him. She loved every second of it. We also gathered a pretty large collection of Stitch pins, and Stitch stuff. Abi says he understands how she feels, she wants to be good but it's hard. Over all a great trip. I will post more later, with some pictures. For now I need a nap. Happy belated Patty and Betty. ~Mandy

Just peeking in to say hello. HELLO hee hee. I have a class after work today so I can't post later today either UGH. Hopefully I'll get back in here. I hope you're all doing well! Hugs

Hey All...

So sorry I have been absent for so long... I think I have been depressed over the child custody thing... joyful move... crappy ex. ANyhoo... I am going to court sans a lawyer this Monday and hopefully the court will leave things as they have been for the last 11 years. Em is getting almost straight A's which is a VAST improvement over last year and has adjusted so well to the move. I would really hate to see her moved back to the Oshkosh system with her more than odd father. Anyhoo... I'm scared... and so tired of always going into court alone while he spares no expense for a lawyer.

Sorry... hate to come in here and be a downer...but wanted to let you know why I have been MIA.

I'll come back and post Monday with the results of the court hearing... send good vibes my way iffin ya get a chance...

(((hugs)))

Darcy

Darcy---I will be praying hard for you---I know the pain, fear and hurt of the custody battles. Go in knowing you are not the one having to prove anything, your DD has proved it for you by flourishing. While you are there, know that in New Mexico, I am setting aside some time to do NOTHING but pray for you a wonderful outcome. Big Giant ((((Hugs))))to you as you deal with this.

Mandy, glad you too are home safe, and had a good time!!!

Kat

I went for my fill today. I have gained 6 pounds!!! AHG!! I got my adjustment, not quite as full as before but I do have some restriction. YooHoo!! ~Mandy

Good Evening Chicklets,

Its good to see you all.

Darcy, you are in my prayers hon, I'm sorry things are so hairy for you lately.

Ohhh boogers my allergies are kicking in strong, I'm stuffy sneeezy and my throat hurts LOL.

I can not seem to et back into dieting and its killing me. I have no desire to stop eating WTF???? and the weight is going up. I"m so afraid to get on the scale.... okay rant over.

Nothing much is going on, but workworkworkwork....cleaning cleaning cleaning LOL.

Took DD to see GoFish, its a christian kids rock group....but these guys are not kids, they are MANLY MEN !!! cute too :) and funny.

Hope you all are doing well :plane:

Hi gang,

I went to the walk off obesity today in Charlotte. I bet we had 60 people there.

It could not have been a nicer day.

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been sick, working a lot, and just a bunch of stuff happening around here.

Hope your all doing good.

I'll try to keep up in Oct.

Looks like the day for all of us to touch base!

The big 50th school celebration is over! I have been cooking since Wednesday...a friend and I were in charge of catering the Friday night alumni reception, and we had two other women in on Friday all day to help. Then, we were also the service staff that entire evening! My DH came in as dishwasher/server, also...we did not leave the event until almost 1AM. Everyone was very complimentary of our food; the friend is a pro chef/caterer, so we had that going for us! Last night was a dinner/dance, and "professional" caterers did it, but people said Friday night's food was better! That was nice to hear.

It was a lovely night, weather-wise...tables and candles outside, live band, fancy dress, etc. I had a great time and am now getting ready to watch my Cowboys and veg out!

Mandy, I can only imagine how wowed Abi was to get a smooch from Jack Sparrow!

Darcy, I will pray for a good outcome on Monday. I can only believe that the best will win out, and if your DD is doing so well, surely the judge will see that.

Good luck, everyone, with new fills, and new committments to healthy eating. After being banded for a long time, it becomes a bit harder to buckle down and do what we know we need to do. I have been having the same struggle.

See you in the October thread!

Hugs, Cindy

Hello Y'all!

Cleaning house and doing laundry, I have a lot to do today!

It's been busy this week, but Friday night the neighbor met me at the mailbox and said don't cook supper we have it ready for you! It was nice to sit around and have a few drinks and then steaks cooked on the grill for you!

Darcy you know I am thinking about you and sending prayers your way! Hang in there, I know the judge will see your side of it. Money don't alwasy count in court.

Well, going to get busy and try to get things done around here.

Later!

Wow in so many ways I am living parallel lives with each of you in different ways!!! I like Eileen am dealing with some killer allergies, or maybe a sinus infection, not sure, but miserable none the less!

I have all my cleaning and laundry to do today, Rick being off has trashed my usual schedule!!!

We hauled a load of wood in for my folks the other day, since he just had the carotid artery surgery, and it come on fairly suddenly, he had not got a good supply in, so we took some in for him, a load of cedar and pine mix. He was happy. Met me at the truck and told me there was a message on his answering machine for me. WTH? So I went in and listened to it, and it was one of my oldest friends! She had tried my number and got no answer nor machine. We had left to go do wood, because they turned off our electricity to replace a pole out back...so no power = no answering machine! Anyway she was in town and was hoping to connect with me. She is engaged, and her new fiance is from a nearby town! I called back and we managed to connect schedules yesterday morning. They are here for a family reunion, so had little spare time. I have to tell you girls, this was such an excitement!!! And for the first time, when faced with meeting up with an old aquaintance, I was not apprehensive in the least. My weight was not a consideration! In fact the ONLY concern I had about it was that my friend had also gotten very big, and I was concerned for her. When we were young, we could share clothes, both tall and thin. When we had kids, we did ok, we still could swap things out...then as the years went by and we were separated, we both packed on the weight, and we could have still shared a wardrobe!!! So I did not want her to be where I used to be worrying about my weight...I hope that makes sense. Instead when she stepped out of their truck, she is my size AGAIN!!!! She had GBP just over a year ago!!! She wanted lap band but her insurance refused it, and approved the bypass, and she said she was desperate... but she looked great!!! She was down 112 pounds, she looks healthy. Still dealing with the thinnning hair she said, but no other bad effects at this time. She said she had the same issues, not wanting me to be hurt if I was still heavy!!!! Neither of us knew exactly how to put the feelings and thoughts into words, but we both had them!

We spent hours gawking through pictures, amazing how much our granddaughters look like our daughters at that age! Manda come over and saw her....Rick visited with her fiance, who seems like a really nice guy---I liked him a lot, he reminded me of her!!!

Anyway, the realization that I was not in a panic over someone seeing me anymore, and not stressing over what to wear, that minimizes the problems....was such a profound moment. Wanted to share it with ya!

Darcy, thinking of you as tomorrow nears...big hugs girl!

Dianne--is everything alright with you? You sound like something is wrong---can we help?

Betty--gonna try for a ride up to look at the beautiful color change going on in the mountains today....wish we could go together!!!

Eileen---lets do something fun skip the house cleaning!!! We could go shop & sniffle together!!!

Cindy--I bet you wowed them with your 50th party!!! Relax a bit now!

Mandy--no fill, surgery, and vacation, and only 6 pounds, I consider that a success!!!! I am so glad Abi is still thrilled over her fun vacation!

Sherry, a friend on another thread is telling us her Mom is a Reiki master(?) as well, she says how much it helps her! I told her about you!!!

Patty---where ya at girl? You and the boys ok???

Pat---was so good to see you here!!! I needed the parental pep talk!!! I love them so much, but that was just too close of quarters!!!!

Well I hear my washing machine stopped, I just finished cleaning up Breakfast, so better change the laundry out so I can go riding and enjoy, not feel guilty!!!

Good to see so many of you here, see you in October---miss you all!!!

Kat