Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheated on my preop liquid diet, will the dr cancel my surgery?

To the original poster, I would honestly try to get my mind right if I you....not to shame you about cheating because shit happens, but cheating 3 days in a row seem a little bothersome....and with this mindset with being tricky or lying to your surgeon ( not necessarily from you) you may be setting yourself up for failure.... weightloss surgery is not the end all be all of our issues with food.....truth is as "fat" people most of us have learned at one point or another to be very sneaky or I would even say conniving with food. Food is our drug and at one point or another we have all lied or done something tricky behind food...but before we go through with surgery we have to make up our minds to shed our old selves and behaviors around food, because I am pretty sure you already know you can "trick" that pouch or sleeve...I know a friend of the family that had gastric bypass 2 yrs ago and has never been able to get under 380 lbs because she learn to eat around it....if we eat out of stress or emotion we need to learn how to correct this before we have this surgery...first step would be to learn how to stop being sneaky and how to cover up our tracks with food... I would suggest being honest with your surgeon...and then learn the "triggers" that cause you to be impulsive and have no will power around food.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using the BariatricPal App

I'm scheduled on the 22 too and I cheated last night with a taco. I'm so mad I did it but ****.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm scheduled on the 22nd as well. I'm so excited!

My surgery is also on the 22nd I cheated with a carrot and apple, then a lean piece of meat just 3 tiny pieces

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is the 22nd also' I'm so excited!

cheated!

@@ginaandy

oh noooo

people have been shot for less!! :D

hopefully this is a good learning experience

you still have 3 days to prove yourself "worthy"

get back on the shtick - NOW

confession is good for the solel!!! talk to your surgeon

good luck with WLS

speedy recovery

kathy

Drink Water. I mean like obsessive compulsive. Stay on target the final 48 before surgery. You will be fine. Remember why you are having the surgery. And then kick a$$. In a few months you will be able to have a touch of that cheat food but the good thing... you will have lost so much weight and taste buds changed so much that it wont even be a big deal.

Chin up, chest out. You got this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using the BariatricPal App

I don't want to be negative, but...

WLS is so important to us and we usually get one shot at it. Be sure that this is the right time for you. Are you ready to make the changes? Eat differently than your family and friends?

If you have a lot of trouble sticking to a diet for a few short days or weeks, maybe now is too early for surgery?

It's not a magical pill that will fix your disturbed relationship with food with a cut and some stitches. You have to do the actual work and change, in order for it to work.

I did a lot of soul searching for a long time, messed up, but I own it and have now decided to give it my all. I will have a succes story, like so many people here.

So my wish for everyone is...

Do the surgery when you know you are ready to change. Don't waste it at a time when you are still not a 100% sure and determined. It won't work.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using the BariatricPal App

I don't want to be negative, but...

WLS is so important to us and we usually get one shot at it. Be sure that this is the right time for you. Are you ready to make the changes? Eat differently than your family and friends?

If you have a lot of trouble sticking to a diet for a few short days or weeks, maybe now is too early for surgery?

It's not a magical pill that will fix your disturbed relationship with food with a cut and some stitches. You have to do the actual work and change, in order for it to work.

I did a lot of soul searching for a long time, messed up, but I own it and have now decided to give it my all. I will have a succes story, like so many people here.

So my wish for everyone is...

Do the surgery when you know you are ready to change. Don't waste it at a time when you are still not a 100% sure and determined. It won't work.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using the BariatricPal App

This is why the six-month diet is actually such a GOOD thing when it is a requirement. I have completely re-established my relationship with food during this time. Not only have I lost 96 pounds pre-op, but I have given myself a much better chance of continued success with the sleeve as a tool. I know many people on here (and frankly my surgeon's staff as well) hate on the six-month diet, but I can't imagine going from an everything-goes relationship with food to the requirements that you will HAVE to adhere to post-op or else you will get violently ill. Everyone is human, and everyone makes mistakes, but this is a WAY bigger issue than "cheating" or one bad choice.

I started my pre op diet today. Theres so many other liquids we can drink that i think ill be ok.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

My preop was liquids for 2 weeks. I didn't cheat 1 bit and only lost 10 pounds. I think slipping in some chicken or fish would've actually been better and lead to more fat loss, but hey.

The preop was much much easier than my post op. I expected to be hungry. I'm not. I am full, sick feeling, and struggling to eat enough.

As much as I thought I was prepared, I wasn't.

I'm scheduled on the 22 too and I cheated last night with a taco. I'm so mad I did it but ****.

I'm scheduled on the 22nd as well. I'm so excited!

My surgery is also on the 22nd I cheated with a carrot and apple, then a lean piece of meat just 3 tiny pieces

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is the 22nd also' I'm so excited!

I am also the 22nd :)

My preop was liquids for 2 weeks. I didn't cheat 1 bit and only lost 10 pounds. I think slipping in some chicken or fish would've actually been better and lead to more fat loss, but hey.

The preop was much much easier than my post op. I expected to be hungry. I'm not. I am full, sick feeling, and struggling to eat enough.

As much as I thought I was prepared, I wasn't.

I'm sorry you are having such issues. I heard the first step in all this after surgery seems to be regret, until you get to feeling better. How long ago was your surgery?

I was also told, if you weren't hungry, don't eat.

9/15. I'm definitely in the regret phase, but feel better coming on here to know I'm not crazy haha.

I'm sure it will get easier with time. I have surgery in two days. I am scared and nervous. I have anxiety on a daily basis. My biggest thing is learning what to eat and what not to eat. I am still a little confused. I thought I knew until I started my pre op diet, but I don't. So that's what the next two days are going to consist of.

I really hope it gets better for you! Have you talked to your doctor?

9/15. I'm definitely in the regret phase, but feel better coming on here to know I'm not crazy haha.

I'm sure it will get easier with time. I have surgery in two days. I am scared and nervous. I have anxiety on a daily basis. My biggest thing is learning what to eat and what not to eat. I am still a little confused. I thought I knew until I started my pre op diet, but I don't. So that's what the next two days are going to consist of.

I really hope it gets better for you! Have you talked to your doctor?

Thanks. I have - my surgeon seems to be really, really strict. My liquid phase is 10 days, others seem to be 5 or 7. He was also strict about meds in the hospital. (Lack of, that is). I asked for applesauce to be permitted to help swallow meds - waiting to hear, but also thinking a half cup of SF applesauce can't cause harm?

Good luck with your surgery - from what I can tell it's the 15 pills a day I take causing most of my issues so I'm sure you'll be great!