Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Acid-reflux - week 2

I'm in week two for vsg, surgery was 8/29. I'm in the puréed stage and I'm finding that every time that I eat, I burp my food back up. I guess what would be acid reflux, but it's without the burning acid taste. I've been eating salmon, not puréed by blender, but I mash it out really well with sweet potatoes. It's hard to finish the little meal that I prepare because it's coming back up. I take 20mg of omeprazole daily in the a.m, but this doesn't seem to be helping. Did anyone else go through this? Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Have you talked with your medical team? They might want to look at the possibility of a stricture as well as acid reflux.

20 mg of omeprazole is not a whole lot. I was prescribed 40 mg - 20 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the late afternoon.

Might be eating too much.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Have you talked with your medical team? They might want to look at the possibility of a stricture as well as acid reflux.

20 mg of omeprazole is not a whole lot. I was prescribed 40 mg - 20 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the late afternoon.

Thanks for your response! I would have to ask my doctor to see if it's okay to increase my dosage.

Might be eating too much.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I barely eat, although I'm in the puréed stage the NUT wants me to focus on getting fluids in, more so than eating. I drink Water and Protein shakes during the day, with apple sauce or pudding in between as Snacks, 1 cup last me for two servings. I wait about an hour after my last drink before I eat dinner. My food is on a desert plate and I use a baby spoon. I'm going to call my doc tomorrow to see what I could be doing wrong, or if there is something wrong. Thanks for your response!

Try going back to full liquids for a day or 2 and then try puree again. Mashing is not the same. You need more moisture in food at 2 weeks.

Come to think of it, the food was a bit dry. I'll purée the the food instead of mashing it and see if it makes a difference. This was a huge help, thank you!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches