Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had my initial consultation on 8/26 with my surgeon. I was told to wait one week after seeing him before calling to make appointments for my testing. I called on 9/2 and discovered that my surgeon had not yet sent out the referrals in order for me to get my testing scheduled, and was told to call back today 9/7. I called today, and he still hasn't sent anything out and I cant do anything until he does. I was told that the office staff has sent a message to his nurse to call me as soon as the referrals have been sent out. I'm loosing paid Dr. visit benefits at work on 9/26 and am literally in a race against time to get these appointments in. I'm so stressed out and honestly upset that it is taking my surgeon this long to send the referrals out. I don't feel like my time is being valued at all. I hate being this close to the end of the year trying to get everything done too. Heaven forbid that the new year rolls around and the surgery is no longer covered! Am I overreacting or do I need to just chill?

I would be very aggravated. Are you stuck with this doctor?

Do they know you have such a tight schedule?

I communicated this to them today. I'm hoping my surgeon will understand the importance of me getting my appointments scheduled.

Have you spoken directly with the RN? I would calmly explain the situation and see if she can move it along faster. I am not sure how realistic it is to think all the tests/visits could be ordered and completed in 30 days though. Because you are under the gun - it's more annoying and stressful.

I would be very aggravated. Are you stuck with this doctor?

No. I really hate feeling like this towards the person who is supposed to be operating on me! Not a good way to start out..

I got mine done in 30 days...But I had to call and remind them a few times at first. Squeeky wheel gets the oil :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Have you spoken directly with the RN? I would calmly explain the situation and see if she can move it along faster. I am not sure how realistic it is to think all the tests/visits could be ordered and completed in 30 days though. Because you are under the gun - it's more annoying and stressful.

I am going to attempt to speak with her tomorrow. Even if i cant get all of the appointments in, I can at least get some and that's what I'm wanting to do. My clinic has walk in appointments on Wednesdays. I could walk in and take care of the EKG, blood work, and Chest X ray in one day (with the referral). That alone I could have done today.

I got mine done in 30 days...But I had to call and remind them a few times at first. Squeeky wheel gets the oil :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

LOL I like that quote. I will be the squeakiest wheel they've ever had if i must! :)

sorry ooooops for double post

kathy

Am I overreacting?

@@PNWsleever

no, i don't think so

if you can get over to his office, i would run not walk and speak with staff member

i've always had better results about anything talking face to face

NOT monitor to monitor, or phone to phone!!!

explain again the necessity to have these tests done/finished immediately

fingers crossed that he'll get that message within a couple of days

maybe then he'll (or staff) get their arse in gear!!!

good luck

kathy

Am I overreacting?

@@PNWsleever

no, i don't think so

if you can get over to his office, i would run not walk and speak with staff member

i've always had better results about anything talking face to face

NOT monitor to monitor, or phone to phone!!!

explain again the necessity to have these tests done/finished immediately

fingers crossed that he'll get that message within a couple of days

maybe then he'll (or staff) get their arse in gear!!!

good luck

kathy

Thank you! I was just about to go this route when his office called and let me know that the referrals have been sent off. Now I'll be able to get all but 2 tests completed before the end of the month. I feel much better now!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

@@PNWsleever

woo hoo - glad things are moving a long :rolleyes:

you'll still have 2 tests to have done next month???

is that going to work out for you with time etc??

i don't remember, do you have an official date yet

since you are happy, i'm happy for you

good luck bud

kathy

@@PNWsleever

woo hoo - glad things are moving a long :rolleyes:

you'll still have 2 tests to have done next month???

is that going to work out for you with time etc??

i don't remember, do you have an official date yet

since you are happy, i'm happy for you

good luck bud

kathy

I still have the psych eval and preop educational class to complete the first week in october. After that I will get my date. I'm hoping for Oct or Nov. I'm so glad to finally get out of the standstill and get things done!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App