Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

95 pounds down and counting...

Hello fellow sleevers,

I was sleeved on 2/29/16 and I have to say even with some of the minor complications, it was one of the best decisions I have ever made for "myself".

Being a dedicated wife and mom, everyone else became a priority and before I knew it I had ballooned up to around 274 and at 46, it was affecting my health.

Anyway, at my heaviest and while waiting for surgery approval I would browse this website for encouragement and I would find it. I wanted to post my before and after pics to hopefully encourage someone else.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1473263194.204730.jpg

Btw... I am 5'8 and my health has dramatically improved (woo hoo). I would still like to lose another 15-20 pounds...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Were you ever as thin as you are now before in your life? Did you exercise everyday? Did you ever cheat? You look flipping amazing. My surgery is the 19th. I am starting around 260. I am 5'9" so I feel like I can do this looking at your pics. Ahhhhh scared and excited xo

@@Spectra13, Thank you so much!! Unfortunately due to my episodes of Gout that I had for about 4.5 months post op I wasn't able to exercise too much, however over the last 6 weeks I have been able to step it up more and I have not had a flare up... Woo hoo!! ????

I've always been pretty good with my food choices but at 5 months post op I went on vacation to New Orleans (for the first time) and I indulged in there many tasty dishes but thanks to the sleeve it was only a couple of spoonfuls and I was full. First time I ever went on vacation and came home to a weight loss lol

You must be excited, the 19th is just around the corner? I was also scared and nervous, it's to be expected but once you get in the flow of things you will love it. I regret not having many before pictures, I would suggest to take some so you have comparisons... It will blow your mind when you see the difference???????? Before children I was between 160-170#, I actually weighed in this morning and I am 175.3# so I'm close but I was severely overweight for at least 12 years or more. I'm officially down 98.7 # ????????

Good luck to you on your journey and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!!!

You're gonna do great????????????

Did you think it was easier exercising post-op than before getting sleeved? When did your notice a difference in your energy level?

I go for my first group nutriton class on Thursday and make an appointment with the surgeon that day too. So excited!...especially after seeing your results as well as others. It's just hard for me to fathom how much different my life will be and what I'll actually look like after I get sleeved.

@@redfire_angel75, for me it has been easier exercising now then before surgery, my only hiccup has been my gout but it seems to have subsided... Thank God!!

I'm not sure if my age had anything to do with it but I had a lot of fatigue and not much energy, especially with in the first 2 months. I found my stride soon after and now I've been told it's hard to keep up lol

I'm so excited for you, this was a life changer for me and I'm sure it will be the same for you too!!!

Take lots of pics along your journey, you will be shocked and encouraged by the changes. Here's a before and after pic of my face, as much as my before pic embarrasses me it just shows how much my weight gain aged me...

http://pic-collage.com/_rlycISx7

Your going to do awesome and please post pics so we can share in your success