Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any advice for preop lapbanders??

1. Follow your pre-op diet to the letter, your weight loss will be great and you are ensuring your surgery is hassel free

2. Have a massive blow out before you start your pre-op and really understand that you can never do that again-you will be able to eat all foods eventually but just little bits. I did this and I truely devoted myself to this journey and I am not missing food yet because I know in a few weeks I can start to have some and I don't want to binge like I used to.

3. Promise yourself you will stick to the post op liquid diet-it is for your own good, you want to heal properly! Make sure you have things ready for you to do once your back home instead of eat!! I didn't realise how mush I ate just becasue I was bored and had nothing better to do. I have been watching films I hadn't got round to, doing short walks round the garden, quizzes and reading. When your feeling better treat yourself to reward your hard work, I am gonna have my hair done next week!

I am only 5 days post-op so I am new to all this, but I have not had a terible time and I am not physically hungry-it is all in my head!! The pain is not that bad so you should be able to start doing small things quickly like washing up. I already know this is the best thing I have ever done, I have already lost over 20lbs since :whoo:I started pre-op so take full advantage of your first few weeks!!

1) Prepare yourself mentally. Read inspirational material and books that focus on how to reach a new goal. I recommend this book very highly: Half.com / books / This Year I Will...: How to Finally Change a Habit, Keep a Resolution, or Make a Dream Come True Watch your negative thinking and focus on the positive....always.

2) Stick very close to LBT and hook up with a group ...like the Sept 07 Bandsters or any other group... knowledgable support is essential!! Read all you can here.

3) Follow your doctors instructions and the general lapband rules as closely as you can. They're all there for a good reason.

Best of luck to you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches