Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about fills

Hey eveyone,

I had my surgery on August 7, 2007. :whoo:I am on solid foods right now and can eat almost anything...kinda getting scared. It was my first day back to work today and I ate cake today and could just step on my big toe! :faint:

I am getting my first fill on September 4, 2007, I can't wait. :heh:

I am supposed to get 4 cc's. I am very excited but I don't know what to expect. :help:I have a 10 cc band. Can the more experienced bandsters tell me what to expect? I did have 3 cc's in my band after surgery and had a lot of restriction but that was in combonation with a hernia repair and swelling.

How does the weight loss work? What will I feel if I eat too much...will that be enough of a deterent?

What are some of the things that made you successful and kept you going. I really need your help.

Hi there, I just had my first fill (six wks post op) and it went very easily.

Its just a tiny needle and I didn't feel it. She found my PORT easily too, she had to tell me when it was done and to get off the table... (I don't like to look LOL)

Drinking the Water afterwards in the reception room was a bit weird though. My first 'sip' was about a teaspoon of Water and I thought THAT was going to get stuck!

But it did go down, and subsequent sips went down easier with each swallo... I had to drink a whole 500ml bottle before they let me drive home

Eating, oh yeah, I DO feel restiction.... Could only eat 2 oz of meat, and some veg. about 3/4 cup of food.

But this a.m. I was able to eat 1 cup of oatmeal & 1/2 apple & skim milk.

lunch was tuna salad 3 oz. and yogurt...

tonight I am having Coq au Vin... a recipe I found on SPARKPEOPLE.com

Its a great site for tracking your cal. nutricion, excersise, measurements, weight goals etc... check it out FREE~

Don't worry about that piece of cake.Get back on track. You are bound to have bumps on this journey. Don't beat yourself up for it. You might not have alot of restriction on your first fill. I keep saying to myself it is a life long journey and not to be in a rush to get a fill because you want to lose weight faster. It could cause problems. Make sure you chew chew your food and drink 6-8 glasses of Water. Eat your Protein, vegetables then carb. The fill does not hurt. Hope that helps.

I had my first FILL on Mon 27th Aug. I have a French MIDBAND that holds a total of 9.5 cc,

They injected 5 cc's into my band, then I go back in 2 wks for another fill, 2 wks later another fill if I need it... then we go from there.

I feel great! Water was tricky the first night but later in the evening I had a Protien shake and it went down, albiet slowly! Tasted great.

Tues morning I had scrambled egg but could only eat 1/2 of it... felt a twinge of a full feeling and quit eating..

I been taking it cautiously as I don't want to over fill my pouch and Puke

Oh yes! Definetly....

I was worrying about that needlessly...

Felt restricted right away.. as I said earlier... 1 tsp. of Water was all I could swallow initially right after my fill..

Then as I sat there to drink my 500ml water... each sip got easier.. I can swallow a tblspn of liquid at a time now...

I have not had any PB'ing or slimming..

Eating my small meals o.k. too

I think that 4CC is a pretty standard first fill with Dr.Coburn. My first fill was 4CC in a 14CC band.

I did feel some restriction right after, but then it faded. Just take it easy the day you get you fill & follow the instructions about eating for the rest of the day.

Remember to really chew you food, and really follow those rules about small bites etc. so you dont have a PB/sliming episode.

As for the fill itself they are easy as pie, dont worry about it. I have had them with freezing (my Dr. in Calgary uses it) and I have had them without, and really I cant tell the difference.

You will be fine,

Andrew

Hi everyone:

I am so excited to be the newest member and look forward to connecting with you. I had my surgery last Friday September 14 by Dr. Colburn in Mississauga. So I am on my 6th day and feeling very good.

I am an out-of-province client. I travelled from Saint John, New Brunwick and without a support person to accompany me. I would not suggest going it alone. Between being anxious about flying, the surgery, the recuperation, being alone and then the day travel returning, it was not a pleasant experience. I would highly suggest taking someone accompany you.

However, now I am home and handling the daily requirements quite well. I hope to get great pointers from those of you who have started this journey.

Any suggestions for the upcoming weeks???