Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Had Dr.frank Felts???

Has anyone been banded by Dr. Frank Felts in Texas???? I am scheduled for surgery sept. 21st!!! So excited, but nervous too!!!!

Has anyone been banded by Dr. Frank Felts in Texas???? I am scheduled for surgery sept. 21st!!! So excited, but nervous too!!!!

Dr. Felts did mine last Thursday. Everything went smooth as butter so far. You will be fine. You are in good hands.

He did my surgery in April. He was great. Great follow-up even on Easter Sunday. He was very encouraging and supportive. I would highly recommend him and his team

I had my lapband by Dr. Felts on 8/24. Dr. Felts and all the staff, including administration, nursing and anesthesia, were all very professional and supportive. Dr. Felts empasizes this is a tool to be used with your behavior and diet. Very good experience, no problems thus far. I go for my first fill 9/21.

;)

Thank You for the info!!!! I am so excited and nervous. I will keep you all updated!!

I was banded last Thursday by his partner, Dr. Benavides. I was originally going to Felts, but I switched to Dr B because I needed a certain date and Felts was booked. Regina "GG" in his office is awesome and Stephanie, his patient educator is the best. When you go to your pre-op you'll feel 100% at ease, and the day of surgery is a breeze. (right afterwards not so much, but that's surgery for ya) Everyone at Surgery Center of Richardson is the BEST. You will no doublt meet Mercy, a nurse SCR, she is so precious, and will make you feel at ease before you go back for surgery. I had an awesome experience with this practice, with AIGB (True Results now) and so far after surgery everything has gone exactly as I expected. You will find LOTS of aftercare with this practice, and they are VERY VERY experienced and this is all they do. I got the AP band, (which you will too) and from my understanding it's the newest and most advanced band available, not all surgeons are even placing it yet. Dr. Felts and Benavides are!

Good luck, and please stay in touch! I would love to keep up and have a cohort in this!

Stephanie R.

Plano TX

TY for the reply Stephanie!!! I am so excited for you. Please tell me how its been for you since the surgery. Hunger?Pain? What is it all like????Today was my first day on pre-op diet. I can tell you it was hell. But I made it through the day. 13 days to go before surgery!!!! Fondly,Gary

Hey! Dr. Benavides did mine last Thursday! Were you there in the morning? I was the first surgery for Dr. B, 7:30 am. Were you in the Wednesday pre-op class with Stephanie at 1:30pm??

No, my pre-op is set for the 20th. Surgery 21st. 12 days to go......Yippie!

Hi puglvr4life....I have been looking for you. I met you in the waiting room with my mom in Houston prior to our surgeries.

I remember waking up and seeing you in the sitting area and you were gone. Did you make it home OK?

How are you feeling?

Lea

Hi Lea,

I am doing fine. It was so nice to hear from you! How are you doing? I still have no appetite at all. Just trying to get in my liquids. I have actually had some anxiety the last few days. I think I used food to cover up these feelings. So I just try to walk it off. I know I did the right thing. Tell me about your experience. Your the person who showed me your license in the waiting area, right? OK, I look forward to hearing from you, Bye......Gary

:clap2:Gary- Yep that was my license. I am so glad I found you. I wanted to keep in touch with you through our journey!!!

I had planned to go back to work today, but I am so tired. I still have some pain getting up and down and didn't think I could get on a plane and sleep in a hotel for the rest of the week, even though that is my job. I took the rest of the week off! I feel like such a baby because I took the remainder of the week off.

I don't have an appetite either, I can't even think about food. I am having a hard time getting all of the liquids down.

Did you go back to work? When do you get your first fill?

It was great hearing from you and keep in touch! ~Lea

Hey Lea,

Today I went in from 8:00-3:00. I was suppose to work 8-8, but couldn't do it. I had to cancel 4 appts tonight!! I have a big day tomorrow, lets hope I can do it!!!! How are you feeling? When I first woke up from the surgery I felt VERY depressed! I think it was from the gas that put me under. Once it wore off I was fine. I am doing good, but I have occasional bouts of anxiety. I have to remind myself why I did this. It was the right choice. I walk it off. I just tell myself that I will live healthier, longer, and look damn good too!!!!!!LOL I have stayed on just liquids as suppose to. :scared:I can't believe you found me. I am glad you did. It will be nice to follow each other through this transformation. How did you feel right after surgery? I think you were smart to take the week off. Get some rest. Hope to hear from you soon!!1

Your friend, Gary

Gary- I didn't feel drepressed, so to speak, I felt the anxiety though. I still don't feel "normal" whatever that means. Maybe it is depression. I am worried about the success. If this doesn't work, I will never hear the end of it from my husband, family and friends. I am finally showing some weight loss according to the scale. I am suppose to have my fill in 1 month.

Be careful with work and don't over do it.

They weren't happy with me taking the week off, but I turned off the BB and cell phone and will turn it on on Monday!!

? Can you feel your port? I am not sure where mine is?

Your friend,

Lea

Hi,

I am having my surgery on the 16th by Dr Felts. It's next tuesday and I am on my pre-op diet now. I can't believe I'm doing this and sometimes I get nervous cos I dont know if this is the right thing but other times I can't wait to see my life change! :heh: