Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible September Bandster

I am so excited, I am going to see Dr. Spivak for my seminar on September 7. I am a self pay patient so I will hopefully be banded the next week. Anyone else being banded in September.

Yes, I´m having my surgery on September 6th I just started my pre-op diet and so fas so good, I have gotten alot of support from my Dr. and all of his team , feels great to know I´m not alone in this.

My wife is having her's on September 12, 2007 and I am doing it the following week September 19, 2007 both at 1 P.M. CDT

Chris

Pre-op

Dr. Minikin Des Peres Hospitial

St. Louis, Missouri

250/

This is my first post to the board, although I've been lurking and soaking up all the incredible info available here for a while.

I went for a follow-up appointment yesterday at UCSF Med Center to discuss all my test results, and ended up with combination gallbladder removal and banding scheduled for 9/24.... Was sort of amazed at how soon they were able to schedule me.

Anyone else have their gallbladder removed as a prelude to banding?

I was going to jit my Dr. up on this question next week when I go for my pre op testing about the gallbladder why keep it an take a chance on it having to be removed later, I look at it like this he will be in the same area so why not

This is my first post to the board, although I've been lurking and soaking up all the incredible info available here for a while.

I went for a follow-up appointment yesterday at UCSF Med Center to discuss all my test results, and ended up with combination gallbladder removal and banding scheduled for 9/24.... Was sort of amazed at how soon they were able to schedule me.

Anyone else have their gallbladder removed as a prelude to banding?

Hey ucsf patient I was supposed to have my gallbladder removed too, but once they got in decided not to. I was even concernerned about it though because so many people have it done w/ their procedure. Good luck !! I was banded on 2/22/07 and have lost about 40 lbs everyone is different, it's still ALOT of work I have also gained a few like 7 lbs last month but now bit the bullet and have lost them. You are at the BEST of the BEST for me I have Dr Rogers and I adore him!! He is absolutly right on it for me and I could not be happier w/ them they are all a great group. So good luck and enjoy the beautiful view from your hospital room! Denise

Thanks for the kind words, Denise. I've been rescheduled for 10/2 due to a conflict in Dr. Campos' schedule. Glad to hear the good things you have to say about the UCSF group, and I hope my experience is as positive as yours.

Sandy

I hope so too... It's still about making the right choices of your food, and sometimes not easy. My dr. is disciplined and I need to follow his rules for me. Dr Campos did my orientation and seemed informative. It can be long wait, I know but you are going to be sooo happy when it's over and you can start working at losing weight! If you have any more questions let me know and keep me posted!!

Denise

<TABLE class=formtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=margin></TD><TD class=field><INPUT type=hidden value="Things are going as well as can be so far since surgery. I went in on Wednesday about 11:00 A.M. and did all the pre-op paper work and blood work. I was taken to the surgery holding area about 12:15 and had more reviews and I kept a real postivie attitude. One of the questions was why are you doing this and I said that Iam doing this to make my life better for myself and the family. At about 1:30 P.M. I was taken into surgery and slide over on the table and they gave me some drugs and the next thing I know I was in recovery. About 2:30 P.M. About an hour later I was taken up to my room and then I was allowed to get up and take care of business. Then I was able to walk around. I know everybody is differant in how they handle pain etc. but I must admitthe only pain that I had an nothing work was the gas pains. That hurt most of the night but I ddi keep up walking etc. On Thursday went for the barrium swallow and got to see the band work and was able to start on liquids by 10 A.M. and was home by 4:00 P.M. on Thursday. I went to see the doctor on Friday because my incision (I have 6) the one by the belly button/now port was very red. He put me on some liquid antibotics. While there he said that it only took him 41 minutes to get the band on me. He said that there was a little fat but not much. The week before my wife had the band done. Since we were not sure if she had a cold or allergies we both did the lquid diet. The biggest mistake for me was going off of it and then restarting back again since Iam allways feeling hungery even though iam eating enough. Just something I will have to get used to over the next few weeks. Thanks again to everyone for all there help and advice. Chris Banded 9/19/07 St. Louis Pre/Surg/ 250/231/? " name=message> <TABLE class=wide cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom>

Things are going as well as can be so far since surgery. I went in on Wednesday about 11:00 A.M. and did all the pre-op paper work and blood work. I was taken to the surgery holding area about 12:15 and had more reviews and I kept a real postivie attitude. One of the questions was why are you doing this and I said that Iam doing this to make my life better for myself and the family. At about 1:30 P.M. I was taken into surgery and slide over on the table and they gave me some drugs and the next thing I know I was in recovery. About 2:30 P.M. About an hour later I was taken up to my room and then I was allowed to get up and take care of business. Then I was able to walk around. I know everybody is differant in how they handle pain etc. but I must admitthe only pain that I had an nothing work was the gas pains. That hurt most of the night but I ddi keep up walking etc. On Thursday went for the barrium swallow and got to see the band work and was able to start on liquids by 10 A.M. and was home by 4:00 P.M. on Thursday. I went to see the doctor on Friday because my incision (I have 6) the one by the belly button/now port was very red. He put me on some liquid antibotics. While there he said that it only took him 41 minutes to get the band on me. He said that there was a little fat but not much. The week before my wife had the band done. Since we were not sure if she had a cold or allergies we both did the lquid diet. The biggest mistake for me was going off of it and then restarting back again since Iam allways feeling hungery even though iam eating enough. Just something I will have to get used to over the next few weeks.Thanks again to everyone for all there help and advice</PRE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>