Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post op question :)

My surgery was Tuesday and other than a bit of pain in one staple line I'm doing pretty well.

I am curious about getting liquids down i see all these people posting about struggling.

Today I got in 50oz of Water, through the day 11oz of protien with no real problem. I only did 2oz of protien at a time but didn't really have any trouble with it.

I am just afraid I will already screw it up this early on... was it easy for anyone else to do liquids? I know solids are another story

Sent from my SM-S978L using the BariatricPal App

Yes it was fairly easy for me to get liquids. You need to aim for at least 64oz of Fluid and that's the minimum, if you can do more that's great! You can't stretch anything with fluid......also keep working on increasing your Protein to whatever your doctor recommended but probably around 80 mg.....

Congrats on your surgery! Keep up the good work.

I was sleeved August 18th liquids not an issue to get down, but last night I was up starving at 12:30. I had more Protein but I was wondering if it was acid instead? Also having issue taking the Vitamin twice a day.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am on pantoprazole once a day

I'd say you are lucky! I was able to get 4 ozs of Water down on day 1 before they made me stop drinking because they wanted to do some xrays with barium to see if there was a blockage. Day 2 they found there was no problem and I got about 8 ozs in that day. Day 3 was at home and I got in 20 oz of liquids and 18gms of Protein. Today was Day 4 and I've gotten in 33 oz of liquids and 53 gms of Protein. I'm improving every day but still struggling with pain, spasms and feeling stuck on liquids.

Wow, I am getting in my liquids, but I do not think I am getting enough Protein. I drink 2 oz of my Premier Protein every hour, but I am only getting in 30 grams as of now

Wow, I am getting in my liquids, but I do not think I am getting enough Protein. I drink 2 oz of my Premier Protein every hour, but I am only getting in 30 grams as of now

You need to get more Protein. For me, I could count all fluids toward my Fluid totals so I tried to have protein in as much of my Fluid as possible.

Premier Protein is great because you can get 11 oz of fluid per 30 grams of protein. I also like ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrates and Syntrax nectar.

Ok, I will try getting in more Protein during the day. That may help fill me up more for when I sleep at night. I won't fell so hungry.

I had 6 sips of decafe coffee this morning and then I realized it and stopped. My husband purchased for me. I thought I could have decafe coffee but only decafe tea. Do you think the coffee will do damage to healing my sleeve

Agree with @@Inner Surfer Girl start with liquid Proteins you will feel better and for me it helped fight off headache.

My biggest problem was that for first week or two I could not eat the shakes that is did pre-op. Had to mix it up and do Protein added to Water or broth. But that changed and I rely on the convenience of premier Protein Shakes now at almost 8 weeks post op.