Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm four weeks out and I still can't drink anymore than 20-30 oz a day. I sip all day on one cup! Some days I only pee twice a day should I be worried about that?? Today was really bad I was only able to drink 20 oz I have been super hungry (first time since surgery) and I have barely been to the bathroom all day.

According to my post-op directions from my surgical team, the daily Fluid requirement was 64-80 ounces per day. So since you can only drink 20-30 ounces per day, this does appear to be a problem. Four things come to mind.

Recovery from Surgery: During the first few weeks after surgery, may individuals report difficulty consuming the required amount of fluids. This is because their new stomach is in a major heal mode. Generally if they continue trying each day, they can increase their daily totals and reach the required goal. You are 4 weeks out and should be closing in on your daily goals. So this points to a problem.

Definition of Fluids: Fluids are more than just Water, for example milk. It is the Water content of the Protein shake that you consume. It is the water in Soups. It is the water you drink when you take your daily Vitamins. It is drinks such as tea, Decaf coffee, Crystal Light etc.

Inability to attain Fluid Goals: May be due to a stricture.

Taste of Fluids: After surgery, taste buds can change. After my RNY surgery 3 years ago, I could even stand the taste of water in the hospital. It tasted overly chlorinated and I just couldn't force myself to drink it. I found that the answer was experimentation. In the hospital, they gave me sugar free popsicles and they became my best friend. For example, I found that I could tolerate flavored water, so Crystal Light became my friend. For some individuals, the fluids are temperature sensitive. They like drinks hot or they like drinks cold. For me I found that I loved Hot Drinks when it was cold and there was snow on the ground. I drank hot chocolate but I used the "No Sugar Added" variety. I also liked fine English teas. I liked cold drinks on a warm summer day, such as Crystal Light and now my new favorite is Bai.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches