Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Liquids on Monday....any tips?

I actually had no trouble pre op liquid stage. Keep drinking Water in between your shakes and just avoid being around people who are eating real food and avoid smelling food. Keep your tummy full of Water and broth between your shakes.

I lost about 18 pounds during the two weeks. The day before it was clear only and that was a difficult day.

My only advice might be, don't stock up too much as you might waste your money. Ready to drink shakes I had no issues with during my pre-op liquid stage, just tasted awful to me post-op.

Get unflavored Protein powder and make or buy some high quality broth (the lamb broth at Whole Foods is delicious). You will get bored with sweets quickly.

Drink all day, all day. Drink Water, all day. All day. It is the only thing that is going to keep your from feeling like you are starving.

Plan on goin to bed early.

thank you both @@OutsideMatchInside and @@trekker954

I actually had no trouble pre op liquid stage. Keep drinking Water in between your shakes and just avoid being around people who are eating real food and avoid smelling food. Keep your tummy full of Water and broth between your shakes.

I lost about 18 pounds during the two weeks. The day before it was clear only and that was a difficult day.

My only advice might be, don't stock up too much as you might waste your money. Ready to drink shakes I had no issues with during my pre-op liquid stage, just tasted awful to me post-op.

and 18 pounds? wow!!!

GENEPRO seems to be the unflavored Protein powder that many of us prefer. There is absolutely NO taste and mixes well with everything. If you go to their website, they sell ounce sample packs (30 grams each) so you can test them out first to make sure before you invest in the big tub.

I'm forcing down a caramel premier Protein shake right now, ugh. But definitely going to have GENEPRO with some fluids for dinner.

Edited by trekker954

https://amzn.com/B000GBI6K4

That is the brand I used as recommended by the guys at my local supplement store. I purchased it locally not on Amazon.< /span>

Research genpro outside of these forums. This is honestly the only place I have seen genpro talked abouut in a positive light, they are joke on the bodybuilding forums.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

The Doctor has me taking Glucerna shakes ( chocolate, vanilla and strawberry) 5 X a day with half of scoop of Protein powder, and as much Water as I want plus broth and sugar free Jello. So far, other than a mild headache I am doing great. When the family eats dinner I go for a walk or go outside. Good Luck you got this, I am only on day 3 of the pre-op liquid diet.

Space out your shakes at even time intervals for when you are awake.

Stay super hydrated in between.

Keep in mind at all times that this is for your safety.....shrink your liver....you taking an action to better ensure a great result with your surgery.

We've all been there and understand.

It's a short timeframe.

You will lose weight at a really impressive rate during this timeframe.

Great way to glide into surgery already losing weight.

It's all going to be great.

You can do this....it's only a short time.

@@ojibway Thanks - good luck with the rest of your liquids & your surgery!

@@Dub - Good advice, thanks!

You are gonna do great.

The liquid diet and the post op healing period where liquids are really all I wanted worked wonders to help me forget about food.

I found that I didn't miss it and enjoyed the weirdness of living off the Protein shakes. One look at the label of the Premier Protein and the Chike brand powders that I was using was enough to convince me that drinking the 3-4 shakes per day was giving me everything i needed to thrive.

Even now.....I'll get in a "stall" period where the scale doesn't move to my liking for a few days......and a few days on liquid diet will resolve it and get things amped up again. It's a tool that has served me well beyond the early days and one I'll use for life.

You are gonna do great.