Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TheGh0st's Extended Tummy Tuck w/Lipo

Diane--- I do have dial up...could you post your pics NOW...so I can see them by the 8th? hahahhahahahhahah

Just eager...and waiting for visual update!

The arm rubbing comes to mind at bedtime...then hubby says..quit moving around, I can't sleep! I wish I could get it in my head earlier! I would like to try it regularly...even if it sounds like work.

Wish I could post them but am forced to wait until I get the doc to take some on Wednesday. My neighbor who took the first "after" shots left her digital camera behind when she went out of town a couple weeks ago and I'm still in the stone age using disposable cameras. I may have posted them all over this website for anyone to find but the local walgreens developing boy just isn't someone I want to see face to face after he develops the shots for me.

As far as the arms go I found the best time was at red lights in the car. Looked a bit silly to people next to me at the light I'm sure but I didn't really care.

Oh..... One more thing. I keep meaning to post you all about what I did last week but my posts get so long I've been putting it off. Here goes...

Julie had posted a innocent comment early on that she thought it was possible I could get down to a size 6 (actually I think she said 4 but anyways) I got carried away before the surgery while shopping for my nephews at Aeropostale and picked up a pair of 5/6 jeans that were on sale for myself in the hopes/dream that they might fit sometime after the surgery. The doc's nurse who also had a TT 4 years ago told me it took her nearly 3 months before she found she was really needing to buy smaller clothes, and my size 10's are still fitting (Better and looser in different places but working). Still, I couldn't resist trying on the jeans last week now that I'm really starting to feel a bit more "normal" and not so sore. Pulling the legs up were a bit like pulling on tight pantyhose and they had NO stretch to them. I hadn't remembered the label saying anything about it but they were extremly low cut hip huggers I think they call it. After pulling and panting for several minutes I managed to get them up over my thighs. Then with much contortions involving my leaning up against my bed, some serious breath holding and the obligatory jumping up and down, to my GREAT surprise I actually got them both buttoned and zipped up. Mind you I couldn't breath or sit down but they WERE ON!!!! I was so excited I called my "Mommy" to brag. Then I started worrying I'd never get them off without having to ask my DH to cut them off, which amused my mother to no end. She was laughing so hard at me over the phone:pound: I thought she couldn't breathe. This wasn't exactly helping me any, with my not being able to breathe well and all. Luckily they did come off and without any sharp objects involved. But it has given me hope that maybe Julie was right and I may dare I say it get down to a size 6. It is so hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that I could possibly go from a 24/26 down to a 4/6! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect this!

:( 5/6 jeans :omg: ......... you are now one of "those", :eyebrows: cute/sexxxxy,:Banane20: tiny girls I hate :waytogo: ...and that is, with out even knowing them. I know "they" could be someone wonderful :love: ...but my own issues with weight, cause me to just "hate" them! :puke: Now you are them!! :)

:nervous :pray: ANY CHANCE NEXT YEAR, I CAN BE THEM TOO???? :biggrin1: :Banane20: lol

Disclaimer:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:peace:Peace- just in case, I don't really hate anyone.

:( 5/6 jeans :omg: ......... you are now one of "those", :eyebrows: cute/sexxxxy,:Banane20: tiny girls I hate :waytogo: ...and that is, with out even knowing them. I know "they" could be someone wonderful :love: ...but my own issues with weight, cause me to just "hate" them! :puke: Now you are them!! :)

:nervous :pray: ANY CHANCE NEXT YEAR, I CAN BE THEM TOO???? :biggrin1: :Banane20: lol

Disclaimer:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:peace:Peace- just in case, I don't really hate anyone.

No worries! I know just what you mean. I keep wondering feeling like I need to pinch myself. Wondering if this is all just a dream or if it possible I've turned into one of those people I always loved to "hate". I still have trouble not seeing the same larger girl in the mirror but each day it is slowly sinking in that others are seeing something different. It's been both amazing and scary at the same time.

I actually went into an Ann Taylor shop yesterday and asked the clerks who greeted me at the door if they could help me find a couple new outfits to wear. When I told them I had no idea how to dress they looked at me like I was crazy. But it is so hard trying to relearn (heck learn) how to do something as supposedly simple as buying clothes. The last time I was in an Ann Taylor shop the clerks didn't even say hi to me. I wasn't deemed worthy then, this time they had over 20 things pulled out for me to try on within minutes and were trying to bring me more when I insisted I really needed to wrap things up and get going. I managed to find 3 new tops but no pants yet. I really should get at least one or two size 8 slacks to wear soon or at least a belt for the 10's I'm wearing. I say they aren't loose but with the slippery Spanx I'm wearing per the doc post PS they are tending to slide down a bit when I walk and I'm ever finding I need to pull them back up.

Maybe when I post the next "after" shots of the scarring I'll post some with my clothes on as well. :Banane20:

:whoo:I got my updated "After" Pics from the PS yesterday. Sorry I didn't get them online yet, but we had to pick up a relative at the airport last night. She was tired from the long flight and went straight to bed, unfortunately, our computer is in the guest room. I'll make sure to get them posted tonight for everyone though.

Diane: I just caught up on this thread.............. WOOOOOOOOT! WOOOOOOOOOT! on the jeans NSV!

I'll be waiting to see the pics! :)

Julie had posted a innocent comment early on that she thought it was possible I could get down to a size 6 (actually I think she said 4 but anyways)

Yep. I'm sticking to my prediction of a FOUR not a six.

Wink.

No worries! I know just what you mean. I keep wondering feeling like I need to pinch myself. Wondering if this is all just a dream or if it possible I've turned into one of those people I always loved to "hate". I still have trouble not seeing the same larger girl in the mirror but each day it is slowly sinking in that others are seeing something different. It's been both amazing and scary at the same time.

I actually went into an Ann Taylor shop yesterday and asked the clerks who greeted me at the door if they could help me find a couple new outfits to wear. When I told them I had no idea how to dress they looked at me like I was crazy. But it is so hard trying to relearn (heck learn) how to do something as supposedly simple as buying clothes. The last time I was in an Ann Taylor shop the clerks didn't even say hi to me. I wasn't deemed worthy then, this time they had over 20 things pulled out for me to try on within minutes and were trying to bring me more when I insisted I really needed to wrap things up and get going. I managed to find 3 new tops but no pants yet. I really should get at least one or two size 8 slacks to wear soon or at least a belt for the 10's I'm wearing. I say they aren't loose but with the slippery Spanx I'm wearing per the doc post PS they are tending to slide down a bit when I walk and I'm ever finding I need to pull them back up.

Maybe when I post the next "after" shots of the scarring I'll post some with my clothes on as well. :P

Oh, wow! I'm definitely rooting for you! It sounds like you've come so far.

Diane: Congratulaitions! Can't wait to see the pics. Sounds like your feeling good. Is work and energy levels going well now? I'm thinking about interviewing some plastic surgeons in December. Just not quite sure about the when yet. Watching you and Julie and trying to learn what I can.

Finally. Here are the new pics. Sorry the most recent ones are a bit grainy, but the best I could get from the doc. I look quite a bit more puffy now than I did one day post op. He says I'm at my peak swelling and probably have around 4" in swelling around my waist. I do have a couple of seroma's (pockets of Fluid under the skin). When you tap them the skin ripples like you tapped a Water bed. He tried to drain them but said the fluid seemed to be "honeycombed" in the tissue and couldn't get any out. He will be watching to see if it doesn't get any worse, but says my body should re-absorb them on its own.

post-206805-13813135802312_thumb.jpg

Your bellybutton looks so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look great! Thanks for sharing the pics! You've got to feel so much better not hauling the belly around.

Ghost, is there any chance you have a picture of your surgical markings?

I just love where your incision is located, low, and want to know if you have a pic of the surgeons markings before the procedure.

Thanks for sharing all your pictures.

THANKS Juli! I kept thinking my belly button was too low. Guess after so many years of all that extra skin hanging below it my perception was a bit distorted. But my new belly button is starting to grow on me now.

Paulax - I meant to take a camera that morning but forgot. So I don't have any pics of the surgical markings or the excess skin. I did ask the doc at my follow up and he says they don't take pics (at least not on non-insurance patients) unless the patient specifically requests it and provides a camera.

The scar line is slowly starting to distort a bit. Not sure if it matters to me it is still so low there is no risk of it showing above my underwear. But 24 hours out it was much straighter across. I think it has slowly pulled up some of the skin from my upper thighs which I suppose isn't the worst thing that could have happened.

I'm also having a problem this last couple days with increased swelling. With that relative coming into town last week I think I pushed it to much. The doc had cleared me for walking but I'm not sure he meant for me to be on the go the entire day and night with only 4-6hours sleep per night and no real down time just lying down with my feet up reading or watching TV. I can tell that the Seroma in my stomach has really increased since I saw them last week and my legs are having pitting edema nearly as bad as when I had pre-eclampsia during my pregnancy 4 years ago. I took a lasiks pill they gave me a couple weeks ago when my legs started swelling before but it hasn't seemed to work this time. Think I'm going to have to cave and give them a call. I REALLY REALLY REALLY Don't want them to put drains back in me OR try to pull the fluids out with a needle again like the did last Wednesday. At least not without pain meds this time. Hopefully they can give me another dose of Lasiks and it works this time.

In the mean time I know I know quit pushing myself. Honestly I did try. I didn't lift anything over 5 pounds (Well maybe only once or twice) but I was on my feet way too much. Things should be calmer this week.

And I meant to say, WOWEE, since the swelling went down, you look super ultra awesome.

That's it. I want a TT, spring or summer.

Sorry about the recent swelling Ghost, take it easy. hugs