Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gas pain and dumping

I had my band installed Aug 16 and did not have any pain control. I ended up in the hospital last night and was given a swallow test (drinking some awful tasting stuff and x ray to see if it went past the band). Shortly thereafter I started going to the toilet and after a long night I took some imodium when I got home. The pain disappeared!! But will it come back if I am not having regular bowel movements. I am afraid to eat and afraid not to eat - still supposed to be on liquids. Thanks for your help.

Drinking barium wouldn't be dumping, dumping is something different.

Immodium is wonderful for diarrhea. Do be aware that if you haven't started yet you WILL poop white. It's the barium.

Take Tylenol or whatever your doc suggested for pain and give it time. The surgery tends to irritate a nerve in your diaphragm and it bothers that nerve all the way up your shoulder sometimes.

Do be aware that if you haven't started yet you WILL poop white. It's the barium.

Unless you drank Gastrograffin instead of barium. It is a clear, amber-colored liquid, not chalky white. Still nasty though. This is what I had the day after surgery. If there is a leak somewhere and barium leaks out, that can be bad. But Gastrograffin is water-soluble, which won't cause a problem if leaked out.

Ok, the lesson in radiologic contrast is over for today! :)

Best to stay on the recommended liquids and move to mushies slowly. If you have trouble going to the bathroom I would recommend a laxative or a stool softner. Your doctor can prescribe the stool softner. Sometimes when we change our diets these things happen. Good luck.

There's no dumping syndrome associated with the band. Your intestines aren't altered in any way, it's just a band around the outside of your stomach organ. If you are on liquids, it would make some sense that you have liquid bowel movements, you know? Probably just try to avoid things that give you gas.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches