Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I'm Micki and new to this forum. I just completed all the requirements for the insurance company and am waiting on approval for sleeve surgery, which my doctor's office seems to think will be no problem.

Three years ago I saw a weight loss medical doctor who prescribed Phentermine which I was on for 15 months, (she called it off label). I loss all my weight and and wished I could have been on Phen forever! It gave me the feeling of never thinking about food or caring if I ever ate again. I was wondering how you felt compared to how I did on Phen after things normalized after surgery for you.

Once the doctor took me off Phen, I slowly gained all my weight back and she told me that 80% of the patients on Phen do gain their weight back! Now why didn't that B**** tell me that before!! :angry: So, my next question is ..how many have gained all their weight back after surgery? I can understand a normalizing period where you may gain some back, but some is not all. I'm just hoping that surgery is a more permanent effect.

Nice meeting you in advance! And Thanks :)

Micki

I am almost 2 years post-op and I have not gained any weight back. My surgeon said to expect a 10% "bounce back" from my lowest weight, but I am determined to prove him wrong. I really think it depends on your commitment level. Use the year after surgery to truly change your habits. You will eventually get your appetite back. You will eventually get cravings again. You have to completely retrain yourself to not give in to these urges. The surgery is a useful tool, but the rest is on YOU! Many will regain, but many will not. It is up to you. Best of luck on your journey, you have got this!

I still don't think about food, never feel hungry and have to remind myself to eat but I know it will return.

As far as gaining the weight back. I'm only 7 months out but there have been plenty of people I know who has had surgery and gained all back plus more.

I agree with Dave.. What happens all depends on you and your commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I believe the trick is to use that time after surgery to learn how to have a healthy relationship with food. not avoiding healthy food nor being obsessed by food.

if you are successful in doing that you will loose weight and keep it off.

Thanks guys! I really have much to learn from all you vets .

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm a newbie but I do think about food. I do want more food and to eat things I shouldn't, partially due to restriction of certain foods I.E. meat, Etc. I am having to retrain my bran and emotions through this time. I do "miss" food and crave food. But bc of the limitations of my new tummy, i know I cannot over eat and/or eat "bad food". But my cravings are still there.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App